Dual ISA Servers?

  • From: "Anthony Michaud" <anthonym@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 13:46:12 +1100

Hi all,

I was wondering if I had an issue with the installation of my 2nd ISA server,
or if I am having a routing problem.

ISP1     ISP2
  |       |
ISA1     ISA2
  |       |
  \-------/
     LAN ----- SMTP1

The above (rough) diagram shows that I have two ISP's and an ISA server for
each.  All traffic is being routed to ISA1 through ISP1, although there is
still some traffic on ISA2 via ISP2.  So far HTTP server publishing is working
correctly, however I am not able to get any combination where SMTP server
publishing is functioning.

From what I can gather, ISA2 is accepting a SMTP connection, and then ignoring
it?  Could this be due to the default gateway on SMTP1 being ISA1?

Many thanks,

Anthony.