Dropped Packets

  • From: Doug Evans <DougEvans@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2001 11:40:41 -0500

Hello,
My reports are showing thousands of 'dropped packets' from Ip .211. This IP
is assigned by DCHP to RRAS for VPN clients. Since we have not rolled out
the VPN yet, and I have done any testing, I assume someone is trying to log
on? Why do they show dropped? If the logon succeeds, it should pass the
packets. If failure, they should not show up, right?

BTW - Tom, Deb, great book. While I had a functioning ISA Server, the book
gave me 3 pages of notes to check, and configs to change...

Doug Evans
Core Systems Plus, Inc.
OKC - Tulsa
devans@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx