RE: Did Anyone see this?

  • From: "Thomas W Shinder" <tshinder@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 21:21:30 -0600

Hi Jeff,

I don't see how remote access VPN client can connect using MAC
addresses. MAC addresses are only useful for directly connected
networks. They're not globally routable so it doesn't matter what your
MAC address happens to be for a remote access VPN clients. Using a
so-called "transparent firewall" works on the layer 2, but I never
recommend them because they cause more problems than they fix, IMHO.

HTH,
Tom

Thomas W Shinder
<http://tinyurl.com/1llp>