RE: DNS problems, DNS servers behind firewall

  • From: "John Tolmachoff" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Oct 2002 12:48:29 -0700

>Shouldn't I be able to have both DNS servers protected?

Absolutely!

More information needed:

Are the DNS servers in a DMZ or LAN?

How are they set up on ISA to allow traffic to/from them?

Do you have forwarders setup on them?

Are they part of your internal Domain?

What DNS servers are listed in the TCP/IP Properties pages of the DNS
servers?

Are they running MS-DNS?

NT 4.0 or Windows 2000?

John Tolmachoff