DNS Question - Out of inspiration and urgent !!

  • From: "Alin Selicean" <alin_selicean@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2001 12:54:45 -0700

Hi, all

I am having the following issue with my ISA.

I have an internal DNS, on my ISA server. Using this DNS I am making my
mail server known to the outside, using an MX record. The mail server is
published using Secure Mail Server Wizard.

When I'm enabling packet filtering, DNS packets are dropped. I have the
following packet filters defined:

TCP, Local port: All, Remote Port: Fixed - 53, Direction: both, Default
external IP, All remote computers
UDP, Local port: All, Remote Port: Fixed - 53, Direction: both, Default
external IP, All remote computers

I also have a protocol rule for allowing DSN Query:
Action: Allow, Protocol: Only selected - DNS Query, Schedule: Always,
Apples To: Any request.

I am sure I am missing something. If I disable packet filtering,
everything works just fine.

Can anyone help me spotting my error ?

Thanks !

Regards,