DNS Errors - DNS Zone Transfer and DNS Query

  • From: "Steven Rowlandson" <srowlandson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 11:05:35 +1000

I have External DNS for our Domains hosted in the ISA Server's Machine.

Since Yesturday I get Email errors attached below:

I have about 100 Domains in the DNs wwith the Primary being offsite and
the secondary being on the ISA server at our Office (we have 2 INTERNAL
DNS Servers for AD)

Server publishing rule [dns query] that maps 192.168.0.1:53 UDP to
203.xxx.xxx.xxx:53 for protocol [DNS Query Server] failed because the
port on the external interface is being used by another application.

The Firewall service failed to bind socket for the server on the
firewall since another process is using the same port. Check for any
other process using the same port and terminate if necessary.

SECOND MESSAGE

Server publishing rule [dns zone transfer] that maps 192.168.0.1:53 TCP
to 203.xxx.xxx.xxx:53 for protocol [DNS Zone Transfer Server] failed