[isalist] Re: Creating a local multinet/dhcp superscope with TMG 2010

  • From: Steven Comeau <scomeau@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2012 13:12:21 -0500

Interesting... Tom, this all looks good.  Personally, I have resorted to adding
any new subnets on a 2048 (/21) "possibility", but using /24 to start (i.e.
192.168. 0.X, 4.X, 8.x, etc.).  I could easily modify the last octet of the
subnet mask on devices to add more IPs as well as easily modifying the DHCP
range.  This became a reality as I started to provide wireless Internet using
captive portal where anyone got an IP address before access - but since the
proliferation of iPhones/Pads and 'Droids, I had to move to WEP/WPA/2 just to
avoid all those IP addresses quickly disappearing (this happens so easily at a
Stadium/Arena, etc.).

For Active Directory, don't forget to add the new range in in ADSites and
Services, Sites, Subnets.  I never thought about question #3, but I assume it
will be random.

Steve Comeau
Associate Director of IT  Rutgers Athletics - RAC
83 Rockafeller Road
Piscataway, NJ  08854
732-445-7802
732-445-4623 (fax)