RE: Connection Issue

  • From: "Thomas W Shinder" <tshinder@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2003 11:25:00 -0500

Hi Eric,

If they only use 80 and 443, then there should be no problem. I connect
to my banks using SSL and never have a problem.

SSL bridging isn't an issue for outbound requests (unless you're using
Web Proxy chaining) because you can't connect a browser client to the
Outgoing Web Requests listener using SSL (would be a great feature,
though).

SSL bridging in only an issue for inbound requests. That allows the
firewall to examine the contents of inbound SSL connection for malicious
content/commands.

So, on a pure protocol basis, I don't see where ISA would be a problem.
However, they might be using some funky Java code that could be causing
problems.

HTH,
Tom

Thomas W Shinder