RE: Configuration of DNS Server

  • From: "Karthik Janakiraman" <KarthikJ@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 10:22:38 -0500

Hi Tom,

 I first created a Server Publishing rule pointing towards the private
ip address of my dns server which is 192.168.15.211 with the public ip
address x.x.x.x1 which is registered with the internic. The dns Server
is not configured on the same isa server but on a different inside
system. But I added the x.x.x.x1 as the secondary ip in the tcp ip
properties of the ISA Server. I published in the server publishing rule
both DNS Zone Transfer and Query Server. Then I went to the destination
set and created a destination set with the public ip address
x.x.x.x2(Web Server) and redirect to private 192.168.15.2 inside. Then I
went to the Properties of the server and in the incoming web request I
configured listen to individual web requests and added the ip address
x.x.x.x2. Now when I try by ip address from outside x.x.x.x2 I am able
to see the page but when I try by name I amgetting a 403 forbidden
error12202. When I try by name I am able to see the session coming into
the isa firewall since I could see in the active sessions my ip address
outside.

 I am testing in the work group environment. When I go to the
destination set and give browse it shows me all the computer names. So
instead I just give the public ip. My webserver is
http://karthik.mydomain.com. The DNS is fine when I moved it outside the
ISA Firewall in public the system was able to act as a full fledged DNS.

Thanks and Regards

 J.Karthik