Configuration in MS Virtual Server

  • From: "Guinn Unger" <mlists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 09:06:30 -0600

I have been setting up ISA 2004 inside a Microsoft Virtual Server.
Everything seems to be installed and set up properly.  I am now ready to
connect it to the internet.  However, the only way I can get the VM to
connect to the T1 is to have the NIC in the host machine connected through a
valid IP address.  It seems to me like this leaves the host server wide
open!

Does anyone know of a way to make the NIC in the VM that is connected to the
T1 line work while the same physical NIC is disabled in the host server?

Both servers are W2K3.  Two physical NICs, one on the internal network, one
to the T1 router.

Thanks.

Guinn

Guinn Unger
Unger Technologies, Inc.
Microsoft Certified Partner
geunger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.ungertech.com
281-367-2477

Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you
nothing. It was here first. - Mark Twain