Re: Concurrent Access to the Internet and Intranet

  • From: "Thor" <thor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 10:53:13 -0700

I guess I need some clarification on what you mean by "without using the ISA
proxy server for Internet connection."  Do you mean not using the proxy
*service* or the server itself, as in completely bypassing the server to
somehow get to the net?

If the previous (not using the web proxy service) then you just need to make
the client a SNAT client, and ensure that the DNS points to a server that
can resolve all need requests (like an internal box with forwarders) or
whatever means you necessary to allow local/internet host look up.  This
assumes proper rules.
You could also use the fw client...
Is that what you mean?