Cannot reach remote SQL Server through ISA Server?

  • From: "Murat ALTIPARMAK" <m6p@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2003 16:09:30 -0600

Hello...

We have a strange problem related with isa server.I hope someone
tries to help me.

We have two domains without trust relationship. First is the NT 4 domain
(where SQL server resides) and second is the W2K domain (behind ISA
server that is in integrated mode).

The clients cannot reach remote SQL Server through ISA Server.
For firewall clients, I performed the TCP port 1433 both for inbound and
outbound access defining
Protocol Definition and relating protocol rule on ISA and I also created a
Packet filter for TCP port 1433.
but no answer.

Do I have to make any adjustments more(e.g DNS or hosts file)
 or what can the problem be?

Could anyone please help me about it?

Any suggestion, opinion or experience would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance...