Cannot do nslookup from outside of my network.

  • From: danny.awosanya@xxxxxxx
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 2 May 2002 08:59:07 -0600

Since I decided to install ISA2K as my firewall, I pretty much build my
entire security based network on useful hints and advise from resolutions
posted by moderators on this site. I have found this website very
informative. Questions posted on these site vary widely amongst visitors
with proper network standards and individuals with a single PC or server
with all backoffice server applications running from one box. My setup
falls in the middle. I have two DNS servers. One internal and other
external. The external server is Win2k with ISA installed on it. IIS SMTP
(smart host)is also installed on this server. In my internal network I
have Exchange 2K/DNS, Web server and SQL server. All internal servers are
secureNAT clients.
My exchange server relays to a smart host installed on my external DNS
server. SMTP traffic flows in and out of my network. My web server is
published and internet clients are able to access my multiple sites.
I have tow issues of great concern.
One. Connection to my website or receiving emails is intermittent.
Sometime I am able to connect or send emails and many times I can not.
I try to disablesocketpooling after stopping the WWW Publishing service.
At c:\intepub\adminscripts>
cscript adsutil.vbs set w3svc /disablesocketpooling true.
I get this message:

Microsoft (R) Windows Script Host Version ........
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation ......

ErrNumber: -2147463168 (0x80005000)
Error Trying to Get the Object:

I am not sure if this will resolve the problem. Please help.