Re: CHANGE I.E

  • From: "Jim Harrison" <jim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2001 15:09:21 -0700

If you have all IE5.0 +, you can do this two ways and keep it dynamic:
1. If you have control of the internal DNS server, just create an alias
(CName) record of "WPAD" and point it to the ISA server host record.
2. If you assign IPs via DHCP, create a server option as:
    Code = 252
    Name = WPAD
    Type = String
    String = http://<isaserver>:8080/wpad.dat
..or do both and cover all the bases.
Either way, you'll want to set IE on all workstations to "automatically
detect".

Jim Harrison
MCP(2K), A+, Network+, PCG