RE: Blocking access to mail.Yahoo.com

  • From: Angelo Höngens <Angelo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2001 20:33:34 +0200

Allow port 25, and deny port 80

-----Original Message-----
From: Dana J. Scott [mailto:DJS@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: dinsdag 2 oktober 2001 20:18
To: [ISAserver.org Discussion List]
Subject: [isalist] Blocking access to mail.Yahoo.com

http://www.ISAserver.org

I want to block users' access to retrieve e-mail from their Yahoo.com
mail accounts and so I created a site and content rule to deny access to
destination set *.mail.Yahoo.com.  That worked, but now we can't send
e-mail to anyone@xxxxxxxxx -- the mail sits in the outgoing queue in
Exchange and gives the following message:  "the recipient was
unavailable to take delivery of the message."  When I disable the above
site and content rule, the messages to anyone@xxxxxxxxx are delivered.
Is there a different way to identify the destination so that users
cannot access their own Yahoo mail accounts but we can still send mail
to anyone@xxxxxxxxx?  Thanks in advance for your help!

Dana J. Scott
SUTIN, THAYER & BROWNE

$subst('Email.Unsub')