[isalist] Re: Blocking Webmail Sites

  • From: "Alan Monaghan" <AlanM@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 11:27:46 -0400

While not a "guide" per say. We went out and found a pre-defined Squid
listing for all blocked business website using Google. Within those
blockings, are sub-lists. We imported the web mail lists into our ISA server
using some home made asp scripts.

This turned out to be a good fit as those lists have a greater listing that
we could have ever developed by just watching and putting in those sites by
hand as people found them or by guessing.

These lists had both domain, urls and IP addresses in them and the Squid
community seems to be keeping them current.

    Felis demulcta mitis ...
Alan G. Monaghan
   [ MCSE+I - Win4.0/ MCSE - Win2k/ BJCP # C0389(Recognized)  Ò¿Ó¬ ]
Systems Administrator
Gardner Publications, Inc.

*Phone ...... 1-513-527-8867
*Fax ........ 1-513-527-8801