RE: Blocking Applications

  • From: "Quillman Shawn (RBNA/CIT5)" <Shawn.Quillman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 16:12:17 -0500

You can make sure all the client apps you don't want connecting aren't
configured to connect, but that's not really feasible in a large network or
with obnoxious users...  And anyway if the packets get routed to your ISA
(via default route or some other routing mechanism) they'll get there.  I
suppose you could set up a routing filter to drop the packets.  Reconfigure
logging not to log the field.  If you don't see it it's not connecting,
right? :) (ha-ha, that's a joke)

GHBN=Get Host By Name maybe?  That would be a name resolution request (dns,
wins, etc).  Never seen it before, just a thought.

-Shawn