RE: Best Practice

  • From: "Poturlu Gabriel" <Gabi.Poturlu@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 11:17:58 +0200

First of all ISA Server must be installed on a server with 2 Network
adapters: one to your internal network (DMZ network - ISA will be the link
between your cisco pix and dmz) and one to internet (to your cisco pix). You
should configure ISA between your Internal network and DMZ - ISA will be
your gateway for internal network. I have such a structure on production and
it works great. I heve published some servers on my internal network and it
works.
The w32time error in Application Log is not related to ISA Installation, you
must configure your server to take time information from a time server (ntp
protocol) like "cornell.edu".
If you do not wish to use Firewall Client you will have all your clients as
Secure NAT Clients and they will go out.
The Firewall Client is on your isa instalation directory on folder Clients.

Gabi