Re: AutoDiscovery

  • From: "Jim Harrison" <jim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2002 10:15:08 -0700

Unfiortunately, no.
DNS and WINS have no way to pass the port in a name resolution query.
Why does IIS have to live on the ISA server?
There is no other place for it to operate?
I agree; not being able to IP-assign auto-discovery was a bad oversight...

 Jim Harrison
 MCP(NT4, W2K), A+, Network+, PCG
 http://isaserver.org/pages/author_index.asp?aut=3
 http://isatools.org