[isalist] Re: Application not proxy-aware

  • From: Jim Harrison <Jim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2011 14:28:35 +0000

I take it that "POS" really means "point of sale", not what one might imply
from an app that behaves this way? :)

You can use a "fake HTTP" protocol (and properly-ordered rules) as described in
this
isablog<http://blogs.technet.com/b/isablog/archive/2006/09/25/why-do-i-need-a-deny-rule-to-make-an-allow-rule-for-a-custom-protocol-work-correctly.aspx>
 to work around such silliness.
Please send me the case number (offline if you like) - there's a support
engineer that needs some education.