Any ideas?

  • From: "Adam Embrey" <aembrey@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 21:17:28 -0500

I am reconfiguring my network to use a T1 instead of a dsl connection.
We are also changing ISP's so our Ip bank will change.

Right now I have an ISP managed DSL router This is connected to a hub
that has the external interface of my Cisco 2611, and the external
interface of my ISA server. The 2611 is serving all my remote sites
without frame VPN access, they use Cisco 1720s. It is also providing NAT
for my exchange server. The 2611 has two ethernet ports.  The ISA Server
is providing Internet Access for all of my VPN sites as well as the
frame sites and local site. It also handles all mobile user VPN
connections. The frame sites all use 1720's as well and are connected to
a separate router on the internal network.

I just want to know if anyone has any tips for my reconfig.

What I had in mind is:

Take the Cisco 2611 and add 1 T1 WIC. This will give it 1 T1 interface
and two ethernet. Set up one ethernet interface up for the private
network, same as it is now. Exchange server will go  on the private
network and use Static NAT through 2611. Connect External interface of
ISA to a hub with other ethernet port on the router. This is where I run
into problems. Can I have the 2611 act just like that DSL router and If
I give any device an Ip address out of my Pool from my ISP and set
default gateway to the 2611 will they be reachable on the internet
through those addresses?

Thanks for any help.