All Port Scan on ISA Server

  • From: "Weiss, Robert" <WeissR@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ISAserver Discussion List <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 16:45:21 -0500

I am running four stand alone ISA Servers in integrated mode.  I am
occasionally receiving reports in my packet filter logs that port scans or
all port scans are detected from the external interface of that server.  I
don't have anything useful in the Packet Filter logs.  Any ideas on what
might be causing this?

Event ID:  15104
ISA Server detected a well-known port scan attack from Internet Protocol
(IP) address xxx.xxx.xxx.131. A well-known port is any port in the range of
1-2048. For more information about this event, see ISA Server Help.

Please cc your reply directly to weissr@xxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:weissr@xxxxxxxxxx>  as I don't always read my ISA List postings.

Thanks!,

Robert Weiss