Accessing Internet SQL

  • From: "Steve" <amiraults@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2002 08:04:46 -0700

Hi,

I have to upgrade my current Win NT servers to Win2000. It's the same
about MS proxy 2 and ISA server. I have few internal users (my network
here) who currently access a SQL server 7 thru Internet on a remote site.
That site is a different NT domaine. Everything works fine. I try t odo
the same with Win2000 and ISA server and it doesn't work. Keep getting
unable to find SQL server or access deny. I try to telnet the SQL IP and
port 1433 and can't get it. I can ping the SQL server address though. From
the ISA server I can ping, access the SQL server 7 with Entreprise manager
and can Query it also. Only internal win98 clients can't connect to it.

How should I configure my ISA server to allow clients to connect and
access a SQL server 7 over internet?

Thanks in advance.

Steve Amirault