RE: A request to improve the site.

  • From: "Thomas W Shinder" <tshinder@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 09:19:32 -0500

Hi Tim,

Each article should make it very clear which version is discussed. Have
you found any that make it unclear? I can add an APPLIES TO statement
for each one. Our shorthand for the site is when we're speaking of the
ISA Firewall its ISA 2004. If we are not speaking of the ISA firewall,
then we usually say ISA Server 2000. This is to make very explicit that
the ISA firewall is a firewall, and that the Web proxy piece is just a
Web filter, and thus not a security issue (although I've heard a number
of security wankers spew off that just the existance of the filter is a
security issue). Having an network connection is a security issue too,
if you want to get that ad absurdo about things.

Of course, when I bring up that Cisco had their proprietary code stolen
from behind a "firewall" that didn't have a Web proxy filter, they start
mumbling something like "...but it runs on Windows...but it runs on
Windows....". as they fade away into the crowd.

HTH,
http://tinyurl.com/3xqb7 <http://tinyurl.com/3xqb7>
MVP -- ISA Firewalls