5719 Error.

  • From: "John Tolmachoff \(Lists\)" <johnlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 16:06:12 -0800

I am getting an interesting error message. This is the first time I have
seen this one.

This is on a new ISA server about to go into production. The Internal
interface is configured correctly with the DNS pointing at the ISA server.
The DNS service on ISA is set to CACHE only, and forwarders are set for the
internal domain to the AD DNS server. I have even tried adding a line for
the AD DNS server in the LMHOSTS file with no change. (Of course, that is
because use of the LMHOSTS file is disabled.)

I have searched around, and everything I read points to WINS or DNS.

All ISA services start fine. In fact, these are the only errors seen on
start up. Just bugs me to have an error like this. Any one know how to
resolve? This is probably something simple I am missing.

This is in the system event log. (localdomain has been inserted where the
actuall name is.)
Event Type:     Error
Event Source:   NETLOGON
Event Category: None
Event ID:       5719
Date:           2/4/2004
Time:           3:30:27 PM
User:           N/A
Computer:       SRV6
This computer was not able to set up a secure session with a domain
controller in domain localdomain due to the following:
There are currently no logon servers available to service the logon request.

This may lead to authentication problems. Make sure that this computer is
connected to the network. If the problem persists, please contact your
domain administrator.

ADDITIONAL INFO
If this computer is a domain controller for the specified domain, it sets up
the secure session to the primary domain controller emulator in the
specified domain. Otherwise, this computer sets up the secure session to any
domain controller in the specified domain.

Data:
0000: 5e 00 00 c0               ^..À
This is in the application log:
Event Type:     Error
Event Source:   Userenv
Event Category: None
Event ID:       1054
Date:           2/4/2004
Time:           3:30:27 PM
User:           NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
Computer:       SRV6
Windows cannot obtain the domain controller name for your computer network.
(A socket operation was attempted to an unreachable host. ). Group Policy
processing aborted.

John Tolmachoff
Engineer/Consultant/Owner
eServices For You