"12206 - proxy chain loop" error message (again!)

  • From: "Alfonso Lopez de Ayala" <alopezdeayala@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 13:29:31 -0700

When trying to access web server published by ISA I get the subject
error... :(

I know this topic is posted (relatively) often... I've read every single
posting, mskb, etc.... I haven't found the solution yet... what else can
I try to resolve the problem? Any ideas?

Details:

- All-in-one box config (W2k SP3 as DC, Exchange 2k SP3 & OWA, ISA 2k
SP1)
- Trying to publish OWA using SSL
- Works like a chard from Inside the LAN
- Get the "proxy chain look" when accessing from Outside

What I've already done:
- OWA is on only web site on server
- Binding order (in Network & Dial-Up -> Advanced -> Advanced Settings)
  does have internal NIC first
- IIS is listening on only internal NIC (socketpooling disabled)
  and default ports 80 (http) and 443 (https)
- Incoming SSL listener configured in ISA server properties
- An ISA Destination Set includes external NIC
  (with the 3 OWA directories: /ExchWeb/*, /Exchange/*, and /Public/*)
- Web Publishing Rule says to forward request to above Destination Set
  to the internal NIC address, and specifies SSL bridging too
  (SSL to be forwarded as SSL)
- ISA Routing Rule (the default only) configured to send SSL requests as
SSL
- OWA directories set up with Basic Authentication in IIS

Heeeeelp!

Alfonso