[ipv6ottawa2011] IPv6 Summit is alive!

  • From: Bart Trojanowski <bart@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: ipv6ottawa2011@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2010 16:18:51 -0500

Welcome to the Ottawa IPv6 Summit mailing list.

It's been a long time coming, but the event is starting to take shape
and we are looking for volunteers to help out with various aspects of
the conference.

First let me fill you in what has been planned so far.

- secured 3 large rooms in the Ottawa U. Desmarais building.
- expect the conference to attract about 200 people.
- charge a minimal fee for admission (with rebate for students).
- 2 parallel streams to cover management/business, and technical topics.
- additional smaller room for "demos" and unscheduled gatherings
- ipv6summit.ca website is being setup to handle registration, schedule, etc
- about a dozen potential speakers expressed interest
- few entities expressed interest in sponsorship
- additional info here: http://devel.oclug.on.ca/wiki/OttawaIPv6Summit2011

We need a few people to help out with the ongoing efforts in:

- site webmaster: develop and maintain the look and feel of the site;
- site content: add articles/links, social media promotion, and  find
"guest bloggers";
- email contact: someone to be the support person;
- volunteers for the event: in technical and social tasks;

We would also like to know if you have any ideas.

Again, thanks for joining us.

-Bart
   & the rest of the ipv6summit.ca team.