[iosaudiogamers] Re: Intro and newby stuff

  • From: "Philip M Kragnes" <pmk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <iosaudiogamers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2013 11:29:59 -0500

I have not checked to see if these games are still available or if they are still free. However, this should give you a start.

Adaptive Trivia (E), free
Hundreds of question picked from various disciplines including popular culture, movies, music, TV, celebrities, medicine, chemistry, biology, history, astronomy and everything else in between.
Completely customizable game play with several game options
http://itunes.apple.com/au/app/adaptive-trivia/id342853481?mt=8

Aurifi, free
Explore sound, movement, and music.
This unique audio game requires only sound and motion to play. The soundtrack is so detailed that VoiceOver is not needed. If you like challenging reaction games, then Aurifi is a great choice. We should note that it requires headphones to play since movement clues are provided by the stereo sound.
http://itunes.apple.com/au/app/aurifi/id370383663?mt=8

Blind Memory, Free
Blind Memory is a memory game, an adaptation of the old Simon Says.
Playing Blind Memory is very straightforward. It involves a series of touch screen gestures. You will be instructed to slide one finger up, down, right or left. The game has four levels - beginner, intermediate, advanced and expert. The gameplay becomes harder through a combination of increased speed and multiple gestures. Test your memory and find out how many directions you can repeat. Specially designed for people with vision impairment. Compatible with VoiceOver.
http://itunes.apple.com/au/app/blind-memory/id412341719?mt=8

Chess-wise, Free
For beginners and advanced chess players. Fully accessible with VoiceOver, the developer has ensured that all aspects of the application are available to the visually impaired. Chess-wise has tutorials, one or two player mode, game review, and an extensive database of over 78,000 games.
http://itunes.apple.com/au/app/chess-wise-free/id367318028?mt=8

Frotz, Free
Rated 9+. Text adventures on your iOS device.
Playing Frotz involves reading, thinking, and typing.
http://itunes.apple.com/au/app/frotz/id287653015?mt=8

Simon Sings, Free
Learn to sing, improve your hearing, and train your memory... at the same time! Simon Sings plays a sequence of musical notes that you have to memorize and then repeat by singing, humming or whistling into the iPhone's microphone. With each new round the sequence becomes longer. Start in Beginner mode with only 3 possible notes, move up to Intermediate with 6 notes, and finally become a Maestro with all twelve notes of the musical alphabet. This game works best in a quiet environment. If the sound is too soft, try using headphones. Tip: singing or humming works better than whistling.
http://itunes.apple.com/au/app/simon-sings-fun-ear-trainer/id314098423?mt=8

Sudoku4all, Free
Sudoku4All permits to have unlimited combinations of game, with six difficulty levels. The game is fully accessible through VoiceOver.
http://itunes.apple.com/au/app/sudoku4all/id434582632?mt=8

Tic Tac Toe Score, Free
Tic Tac Toe game with score tracking of consecutive games.
Drag your finger around the grid to make sense of the game.
http://itunes.apple.com/au/app/tic-tac-toe-score/id359742372?mt=8

Philip M Kragnes, M.S.
Computer Accommodations Program
University of Minnesota