[interfacekit] Re: Graphics

  • From: "Marc Flerackers" <mflerackers@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <interfacekit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 16:04:59 +0200

> All of these are excellent points, and exactly the sort of thing I would
> like to see us do in R2.  We actually looked at a couple of existing
> libraries (libart and zodius, as I recall) to get this functionality,
> but there were serious performance concerns.  Don't suppose you'd like
> to tackle writing this stuff when the time comes? ;)

> Marc Flerackers wrote:
> >
> > Maybe after R1 we can think about extending the drawing API, a
> function like
> > SetAntiAliasing/SetSmoothing would be nice, transformations and gradient
> > patterns require more deep changes.

It depends what stuff has to be written ^_^, for a BTransform class I
already have everything written, since I needed it for my SVG viewer. For
anti-aliasing, unless there is hardware support for, we have to write all
primitive drawing functions, which is quite some work (I already have the
anti-aliased StrokeLine function done :P). For gradients, a complete API has
to be though out, which will have to replace (or work next to) patterns.

Marc Flerackers (mflerackers@xxxxxxxxxx)
Software Engineer
ANDROME NV
WetenschapsPark 4
B-3590 Diepenbeek - Belgium
Phone:+32(0)11-301330 Fax:+32(0)11-301331