Dec 2002 Computer IT Education & Training Newsletter

  • From: sturton@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: intelinfo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: 02 Dec 2002 00:26:44 -0600

         Newsletter for Computer IT Education,
             Training & Tutorial Resources

           *** ISSUE #28 - December 2002 ***

               http://www.intelligentedu.com/

     This Newsletter is only sent to its subscribers and
     is available in early January, 2003 on the web at
     http://www.intelligentedu.com/newsletter28.html

     Newsletter Archives are here:
     http://www.intelligentedu.com/newsletter.html

     Subscribe and unsubscribe instructions are at the end.

     Please forward this newsletter to all your friends
     and associates who might be interested!

In This Issue:

1)... Editor's Greeting

2)... The Best New Free I.T. Training & Tutorial Sites

3)... New Free I.T. Books & Book Sites

4)... University Computer Science Course Sites

5)... The Best Suggested Sites from Website Users

6)... New I.T. Training & Tutorial Link Sites

7)... New Desktop and Office Application Training Sites

8)... I.T. Sites Worth Mentioning

9)... Frequently Asked Questions about Technical Training

10)... Please Support Our Computer Training Mission

1) Editor's Greeting:

Hello, everyone and welcome to our new subscribers!

This is the 28th issue of our free monthly email newsletter for
Computer IT Education, Training, & Tutorial Resources, giving you
the latest Free online IT Training Resources that we have
recently discovered and researched. This newsletter is free to
anyone subscribing (instructions at bottom, no username/password
is needed). To access our member site, however, you do need a
user name and password - registering as a member of Intelligentedu.com
costs $10 for two months, for more information please see below
'Become a Member of Intelligentedu.com'.

My desire is that these free resources will help you with your
computer education and training and are tools to advance your IT
career. Our main mission is the training of those less fortunate
who are seeking to become computer literate, both technically and
from a user's perspective.

In this issue we describe and link to a total of 75 computer, IT
and programming learning and tutorial web sites. By means of this
email newsletter, you have knowledge of and access to these sites
before our web site visitors do. This newsletter is also
available to subscribers in HTML format at this special url:
http://www.intelligentedu.com/current_news.html

*** Current News ***

We will be launching a new type of member site in the near
future, providing you with the best free online training and
tutorials for Microsoft Office, and several desktop applications.
I'll give more information about this later.

I'd like to personally wish you the best with your computer
studies and learning.

Warm Regards,
Scott Turton
Newsletter Editor and Webmaster
scott_turton@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.intelligentedu.com/

Please Visit One of Our Sponsors and request more information -
doing this enables us to bring you these great free computer and
IT training resources every month:

University of Phoenix Online: Advance your career:
http://pontly.com/clk/aftauserafthepausulde

Search for IT Training:
http://tinyurl.com/1nvg

DeVry: Online degrees for working adults?
http://iashel.com/clk/guntuanglangan

Westwood College of Technology:
http://yarnas.com/clk/menweizhoubingzhen

ITT Technical Institute: Choose from their many programs:
http://ipodra.com/clk/kaitanyunnuodiao

American InterContinental University Online:
http://didtal.com/clk/baizhuankanliumei

University Alliance Schools:
Accelerated degrees and flexible online courses with streaming
video lectures
http://elilip.com/clk/tuonongzangtuzhuai

Computer Colleges:
http://tinyurl.com/1nvm

Find Computer Programming Training:
http://tinyurl.com/1nvj

Free to Sell - The Ultimate eBook!
http://www.intelligentedu.com/free_to_sell.html

10 Unorthodox Yet Simple Techniques for Getting Thousands of New
Subscribers Every Month...And as Many Leads as You Can Handle!
http://www.intelligentedu.com/10_Techniques_for_New_Subscribers.html

Turning Dreams Into Dollars: 5 Steps to Becoming a Self-Made
Millionaire - Especially During Tough Times:
http://www.intelligentedu.com/Turning_Dreams_Into_Dollars.html

"Learn New Skills and Increase Your Earning Power
 - With FREE Computer Training!"

*** Become a Member of Intelligentedu.com ***

Our Members' Site contains the web's best computer and IT
training resources and tutorials. This content is individually
linked and presented in a way to expedite and facilitate your IT
learning experience. We have done all the web research and
presentation work for you so you can concentrate solely on your
computer training. For short FAQ Answers, please see the end of
this newsletter.

The total price to join as a member is only $10 total for 2
months, $18.50 for 4 months or $25.50 for 6 months. The funds
generated will assist us to help all those seeking IT education
and application development training. Here's the link to see
what's available on our member's site and to sign up:
http://www.intelligentedu.com/sign-up/index.html

*** Free IT Training Materials and Books ***
This section of our site contains over 2,000 free IT, computer
and programming training resource links:
http://www.intelligentedu.com/free_it_training_materials_and_books.html

*** Our Newly Researched Free Online Computer Training ***
Containing over 12,000 free IT training and tutorial resources,
this section of our site is available only to our newsletter
subscribers and web site members:
http://www.intelligentedu.com/newly_researched_free_training.html

*** Free e-Book: "Understanding Computer Security" ***
Our new e-book contains the best information from U.S. government
agency computer security papers and guides and presents it in a
coherent and understandable manner. My hope is that this e-book
will make computer security easier to learn. Click here to
receive your Free Copy:
http://intelinfo.hypermart.net/Understanding_Computer_Security.zip
(553 kb). When unzipped it is a windows executable.

2)  The Best New Free I.T. Training & Tutorial Sites:

This section of our newsletter contains the best new free IT
training and tutorial sites that we have found and researched in
the last few weeks. These resources will be added to our Free IT
Training & Courses page at http://www.intelligentedu.com/cat1.html,
our Free IT Tutorials and Guides page at
http://www.intelligentedu.com/cat2.html, or to our members' site.

Codenotes.com:
http://www.codenotes.com/do/articles

Code Notes is designed for the software developer who needs to
come up to speed quickly. It drills down to the core aspects of a
technology and focuses on the key elements needed to implement it
immediately thus presenting highly technical material in a format
and style that is efficient and instantly useful. It bridges the
gap between comprehensive manuals and pocket references.

VB.NET:
http://www.codenotes.com/do/books/bookArticles?bookID=1

XML:
http://www.codenotes.com/do/books/bookArticles?bookID=2

.NET:
http://www.codenotes.com/do/books/bookArticles?bookID=3

Web-Based UI:
http://www.codenotes.com/do/books/bookArticles?bookID=4

Java:
http://www.codenotes.com/do/books/bookArticles?bookID=5

J2EE:
http://www.codenotes.com/do/books/bookArticles?bookID=6

ASP.NET:
http://www.codenotes.com/do/books/bookArticles?bookID=7

Oracle 9i:
http://www.codenotes.com/do/books/bookArticles?bookID=8

Vision2Learn:
http://212.89.82.81/channels/default.asp

Here is a series of free courses in Information Technology and
Business and Personal Development. Click on the "Courses Link".
The IT courses are: First Steps in IT, Next Steps in IT, and
Wizard on the Web. IT units include desktop publishing, database
techniques, website design and creation, and e-commerce.

Grooveyweb Tutorials:

Programming (Games, VB, C, Assembly):
http://www.groovyweb.uklinux.net/?page_name=programming

Operating Systems (Windows, Linux):
http://www.groovyweb.uklinux.net/?page_name=operating%20systems

Site Map of all their tutorials:
http://www.groovyweb.uklinux.net/?page_name=sitemap

TrinityOS:
http://www.ecst.csuchico.edu/~dranch/LINUX/index-linux.html

TrinityOS is a step by step, example driven, HowTo on building a
very functional Linux box with strong security in mind. It
covers, in detail, Configuration, Maintenance, and Security.

Topsy - A Teachable Operating System:
http://www.tik.ee.ethz.ch/~topsy/

Topsy is a small (~20kb machine code) multi-threaded microkernel.
It is written in ANSI C and protects kernel threads from user
programs. It supports memory management, thread/process control
and an IO and driver subsystem. Communication and sychronization
is implemented with messages. Topsy was written for an
undergraduate course focusing on concurrency, device programming
and OS concepts.

Great Web Design Tips:
http://www.great-web-design-tips.com/

This is a free, three chapter, 48 subsection, online course on
how to create more user-friendly web sites, by incorporating good
web usability and accessibility design elements.

One Day Web Course on Web Application Design:
http://tinyurl.com/352w

Morning Session:
For 56K:
http://tinyurl.com/2y8q
For 200K:
http://tinyurl.com/2y8r

Afternoon Session:
For 56K:
http://tinyurl.com/2y8s
For 200K:
http://tinyurl.com/2y8u

(Slides are not available, Windows Media required)

SQL Server WorldWide User's Group:
http://www.sswug.org

This site performs daily searches to find the latest SQL Server
articles and resources for both the DBA and Developer.

DeviantPC Articles:
http://www.deviantpc.com/articles/index.shtml

Hardware and system related tutorial articles. This article,
System Buses Explained, shows how system performance is related
to different system buses, memory configuration and processor
speed: http://www.deviantpc.com/articles/systembus/index.shtml

3Com Press Box Technical Papers:
http://www.3com.com/corpinfo/en_US/technology/index.jsp

These are Technology, Networking and Telecommunications white
papers from 3Com.

iForum Sessions:
http://www.iec.org/online/iforums/sessions.html

This is a unique knowledge enhancing site from the International
Engineering Consortium for those who want reliable and
authoritative information on current communications technology
topics and applications. Also, check out these three course
modules covering IP and Packet Networking Basics of Internet
Protocol(IP): http://www.iec.org/online/ctp/demo/

UML Tutorial from Enterprise Architect in 2 parts:
http://www.sparxsystems.com.au/UML_Tutorial.htm

UML Tutorial:
http://uml.tutorials.trireme.com/
This UML Tutorial focuses both on the widely used UML notation
and on the principles of modeling. Its focus is on best practice
and suggests a set of requirements for a practical analysis and
design technique.

Search The Rational Edge and Rose Architect back issues:
http://www.therationaledge.com/admin/archives.jsp

Here are some good articles from their previous issues:

Articles about UML, the Unified Modeling Language:
http://tinyurl.com/2y8v

Articles about Use Cases:
http://tinyurl.com/2y8w

Articles about Rational Rose:
http://tinyurl.com/2y8x

Articles Written by Allen Holub:
http://www.holub.com/aiharticles.html

These tutorial articles take you step by step through the entire
Object Oriented Design process.

Software Engineering Library Documentation List:
http://sel.gsfc.nasa.gov/website/documents/online-doc.htm

These documents are available in PDF or HTML format: Recommended
Approach to Software Development, Manager's Handbook for Software
Development, Cost and Schedule Estimation Study Report, C Style
Guide, Software Measurement Guidebook, and Software Process
Improvement Guide.

DACS Technical Reports:
http://www.dacs.dtic.mil/techs/

Here are some of the free reports from this site:

Software Prototyping and Requirements Engineering:
http://www.dacs.dtic.mil/techs/prototype/toc.shtml
Provides information on software prototyping and requirements
engineering, covering software development, maintenance, and
management.

A Business Case for Software Process Improvement:
http://www.dacs.dtic.mil/techs/roispi2/roispi2-toc.shtml
Demonstrates from a business, profit and loss perspective the
benefits of using software process improvement techniques.

Software Design Methods:
http://www.dacs.dtic.mil/techs/design/Design.ToC.html
Provides an analysis of software design methods, including
coverage on the nature of design, its evolution, its status, and
directions for the future.

ACM Siggraph Education Committee Instructional Materials:
http://www.siggraph.org/education/materials/C_and_I.htm

The ACM Special Interest Group on Computer Graphics provides you
with free learning content on computer graphics, graphics design,
and scientific visualization. Here is a 600 page course, with
examples, on Introduction to Programming with Java 3D:
http://www.siggraph.org/education/materials/siggraph_courses/S99/40/readme.htm

OpenGL Developer Documentation:
http://www.opengl.org/developers/documentation/

Many resources, such as overviews, specification, manual pages,
implementations, and white papers on OpenGL are available here.

Streaming Media Articles:
http://www.streamingmedia.com/editorial/

This site will teach you all about streaming media with their
many original articles and tutorials, and hundreds of hours of
audio and video content.

Four Free Help and Support Sites:

Keen: Get Advice: Computing and Internet:
http://www.keen.com/categories/categorylist.asp?Category=58
Keen, Your Personal Advisor, is where you get live, immediate
advice and information.

Pointask: Computers and Technology:
http://www.pointask.com/pointask/f_expsub.php3?catid=134217728
Get answers to your questions in many areas in Computers and
Technology.

Helpus.com:
http://www.helpus.com/
Find information on buying, upgrading, repairing hardware and
trouble shooting. You can email them for help.

Tech Support Guy Forums:
http://forums.techguy.org/
A very active forum site with several forum in each of these
categories: Software & Hardware, Operating Systems, Internet &
Networking, and Community.

Keystone Self-Paced Computer Training:
http://www.keystonelearning.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ExecMacro/offer_form.d2w/courses

Free Training CDs on Java, SQL Server 2000, Oracle8i, Java 2, and
more (for U.S. residents only).

FreeTechTraining.com:
http://www.freetechtraining.com/video/videos.taf

Free training videos and how to links for Microsoft
certifications.

Windows XP Professional How-to Articles for IT Pros:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/using/itpro/default.asp

This free Microsoft guide provides some highly useful tips on XP
deployment, management and networking.

3) New Free Computer IT Books, Publications & Book Sites:

Some of these web resources will be added to our Free IT Books
page at http://www.intelligentedu.com/free_computer_books.html and
some will be added to our members site.

Free JDK 1.4 Tutorial book:
http://www.javalobby.org/members/index.jsp

This book teaches experienced developers, as well as novices, the
new JDK 1.4 features such as a new I/O system, a persistent
preferences framework, Java WebStart, and Java regular
expressions. All the examples in the book are substantial and
solve real-world problems without the clutter of unnecessary
details. Free registration is required. (9.9mb, pdf, 406 pages)
See the Java 2 SDK downloads and documentation below, in Sites
Worth Mentioning (Section 8) to go along with this free book.

These 2 books are also offered for free on this site: CodeNotes
for J2EE: EJB, JDBC, JSP and Servlets and Core Servlets and
JavaServer Pages.

Processing XML with Java:
http://www.ibiblio.org/xml/books/xmljava/
http://www.cafeconleche.org/books/xmljava/

This 1000 page free book is a complete tutorial on how to write
Java programs that read and write XML documents. It shows you how
to handle XML in its full generality and how to design your
programs so that they handle real XML in all its messiness: valid
and invalid, mixed and unmixed, typed and untyped, and both all
and none of these at the same time. It also covers XML-RPC, SOAP,
and RSS in some detail.

Linux Kernel Module Programming Guide:
http://www.andamooka.org/index.pl?section=lkmpg

A HOWTO-style guide for C programmers who want to write Linux
kernel modules. Written by Ori Pomerantz.

Advanced Linux Programming:
http://www.advancedlinuxprogramming.com/

Advanced Linux Programming will help you to write more
sophisticated programs with features such as multiprocessing,
multi-threading, interprocess communication, and interaction with
hardware devices. It also shows you how to improve your programs
by making them run faster, more reliably, and more securely. The
full text may be downloaded for free from this site.

Debian GNU/Linux System Administrator's Manual:
http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/system-administrator/index.html

The Debian GNU/Linux System Administrator's Manual covers all
system administration aspects of a Debian GNU/Linux system

Maximum RPM: Taking the Red Hat Package Manager to the Limit:
http://www.rpm.org/max-rpm/

This is a book about the Red Hat Package Manager or RPM. The
first section shows how to use RPM on your system, the second
section explains how to build packages with RPM.

PostgreSQL- Introduction and Concepts:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/aw_pgsql_book/index.html

This free book is about PostgreSQL, a very advanced open source
database. This book leads the reader from their first database
query through the complex queries needed to solve real-world
problems. No knowledge of database theory or practice is
required. However, basic knowledge of operating system
capabilities is expected.

Mark Watson's Open Content Free Web Books:
http://www.markwatson.com/opencontent/

Currently, this author offers two free web books, here are the
links:

Practical Artificial Intelligence Programming in Java:
http://www.markwatson.com/opencontent/javaai_lic.htm

Loving Lisp, or the Savvy Programmer's Secret Weapon:
http://www.markwatson.com/opencontent/lisp_lic.htm

Programming Pearls, 2nd Edition:
http://www.cs.bell-labs.com/cm/cs/pearls/

This book is a collection of essays, providing a guide for both
students and experienced programmers about how to design and
create programs, and how to think about programming. It is full
of small case studies, real examples, and interesting exercises
for learning about how to program.

Oracle 8 SQL Reference:
http://www.daimi.au.dk/~oracle/sql/index.html

This reference contains a complete description of the Structured
Query Language (SQL) used to manage information in an Oracle
database.

Oracle Diagnostic and Tuning Tools
http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/oracle2/chapter/ch10.html

This is a free chapter from the book, Oracle Performance Tuning,
2nd Edition.

Adaptive Object-Oriented Software: a PWS book: Patterns for
Adaptive Programming (AP):
http://www.ccs.neu.edu/research/demeter/biblio/dem-book.html

The first book on adaptive programming.

IT Management-101: Fundamentals to Achieve More:
http://www.mde.net/it101/

This 104 page pdf book is an excellent primer in IT management
(free registration required, 2MB zip file). You can also obtain
the author's 7 free tools of his IT Manager ToolKit here:
http://www.mde.net/cio/page18.html. This page:
http://www.mde.net/cio/page15.html contains many of the articles
he has written.

Project and Programme Management:
http://www.epmbook.com/

This free ebook about Project Management aims to examine issues,
needs and approaches in a variety of situations and environments.
It should give you the ability to understand what is needed and
why, plus how you can best address those needs.

The Definitive Guide to Identity Management:
http://www.rainbow.com/idebook

This eBook will take an in depth look at Identity Management and
covers: Account Life Cycle Management, Access and Authorization
Controls, Auditing and Reporting, Federated Identity, Web
Services Integration, Policy-Based Management, Personal
Preferences, Mobile Services. It will be posted chapter by
chapter as it's written.

The Computer Revolution In Philosophy Philosophy, Science and
Models of Mind:
http://www.cs.bham.ac.uk/research/cogaff/crp/

This book, by Aaron Sloman and published in 1978 by Harvester
Press and Humanities Press, has been out of print for many years,
and is now online.

CodeNotes for .NET Component Developers:
http://www.codenotes.com/do/downloads/downloadsNETbook

Codenotes site is offering this free ebook for .Net developers.

Using Web Forms:
http://vig.prenhall.com/samplechapter/0672322358.pdf

This is chapter 3 from Sams Teach Yourself C# Web Programming in
21 Days.

Free Book Chapters from MSDN.com:

Professional DCOM Application Development, 3 free chapters:
http://tinyurl.com/2y90

Professional ASP Techniques for Webmasters, 4 free chapters:
http://tinyurl.com/2y92

Professional Active Server Pages 2.0, 5 free chapters:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/dnproasp2/html/asp20.asp

Traffic Management for High-Speed Networks:
http://www.nap.edu/books/0309057981/html/index.html

This book is from the Fourth Lecture International Science
Lecture Series.

Object-Oriented Software Composition:
http://www.iam.unibe.ch/~oscar/OOSC/download.html

This book takes the view that object-oriented technology is
essentially about composing flexible software applications from
software components. The authors intend to show how certain ideas
and principles are closely related to software composition,
whether one considers programming language design, formal
specification, tools and environments, or application
development.

4) University Computer Science Course Sites
   Free to Browse and Study:

These web sites will be added to our Free University IT Course
Webs page at
http://www.intelligentedu.com/cat3.html

Computer Courses from James Cook University -
Click on Lecture Notes or Lecture Schedule links, also look at
previous years courses:

CP1200 - Introduction to Computer Science 1:
http://www.it.jcu.edu.au/Subjects/Informal/CP1200B.HTML
http://www.it.jcu.edu.au/Subjects/Informal/CP1200.HTML

CP1300 - Introduction to Computer Science II:
http://www.it.jcu.edu.au/Subjects/Informal/CP1300.HTML

CP1500 - Introduction to Information and Database Systems:
http://www.it.jcu.edu.au/Subjects/Informal/CP1500.HTML

CP2001 - Data Structures & Algorithms:
http://www.it.jcu.edu.au/Subjects/Informal/CP2001.HTML

CP2002 - Operating Systems:
http://www.it.jcu.edu.au/Subjects/Informal/CP2002.HTML

CP2004 - Object Oriented Programming:
http://www.it.jcu.edu.au/Subjects/Informal/CP2004.HTML

CP2005 - Computer Architecture:
http://www.cs.jcu.edu.au/Subjects/Informal/CP2005.HTML

CP2010 - Advanced Multimedia:
http://www.it.jcu.edu.au/Subjects/Informal/CP2010.HTML

CP2060 - Computer Graphics:
http://www.it.jcu.edu.au/Subjects/Informal/CP2060.HTML

CP3003 - Internet Technology:
http://www.cs.jcu.edu.au/Subjects/Informal/CP3003.HTML

CP3020 - Advanced Database Management:
http://www.cs.jcu.edu.au/Subjects/Informal/CP3020.HTML

CP3110 - Fundamentals of Software Engineering:
http://www.cs.jcu.edu.au/Subjects/Informal/CP3110.HTML

CP5250 - Network Administration I (Windows):
http://www.cs.jcu.edu.au/Subjects/Informal/CP5250.HTML

CP5290 - Unix/Linux Systems:
http://www.it.jcu.edu.au/Subjects/Informal/CP5290.HTML

Fundamentals of Computer Science in C:
http://cs.nyu.edu/~campbell/V220380.html
http://www.cs.nyu.edu/courses/spring02/V22.0380-002/lecture_notes.html

21 sets of very good lecture slides on beginning programming in
C.

C+ and O-O Lecture materials:
http://www.cs.virginia.edu/c++programdesign/slides/

A collection of lecture slides and handouts for a first course in
C++ programming and object-oriented design.

Tony Sobey's Teaching, 2000:
http://louisa.levels.unisa.edu.au/teaching.html

Programming in Java::
http://louisa.levels.unisa.edu.au/pij/home.html
This is a first programming course, here are the lecture
overheads: http://louisa.levels.unisa.edu.au/pij/Lectures.html

Software Engineering::
http://louisa.levels.unisa.edu.au/se1_99/home.html
A subject in the second year of the degree and diploma courses,
lecture content is here:
http://louisa.levels.unisa.edu.au/se1_99/content.html.
Another section:
http://louisa.levels.unisa.edu.au/se1/sehome.html, lectures:
http://louisa.levels.unisa.edu.au/se1/schedule.html

Web Technologies:
http://www.npac.syr.edu/projects/tutorials/

Learning resources, lectures and examples to teach you
JavaScript, CGI, Java, JavaBeans, VRML, XML, Web/Database
Interfaces, DHTML and HTML.

15412- Operating Systems:
http://www-2.cs.cmu.edu/~412/index.html

The course introduces the basic concepts of multiprogramming,
timesharing and asynchronous processes. Emphasis of the course is
on the design aspects of operating systems. Click on the Lecture
link.

Here is a graduate course on Operating Systems providing audio
with all the slides (click on Slides and RealAudio links:
http://student-www.uncc.edu/~jlrobins/CSCI6144/index.html

CS4417: Systems Analysis and Design:
http://www.csis.ul.ie/Modules/CS4417/

Focuses on Object Oriented Systems Design and Analysis (OOAD)
methodology, using the Unified Modeling Language (UML). Click on
the Lectures link.

COMP360:  Introduction to Computer Graphics:
http://www.owlnet.rice.edu/~comp360/

Along with lecture notes, this course has links to free OpenGL
tutorials, specs, and books.

Software Engineering Design 2000:
http://www.cs.uwa.edu.au/undergraduate/units/670.200/

Click on the Download page for excellent overviews and lecture
notes on software engineering. The Resources page provides  great
templates for your Requirements Analysis Document, Use Cases,
System and Object Design Documents, and Test Plan and Test Cases.

CSC444F: Software Engineering I:
http://www.cs.toronto.edu/~sme/CSC444F/

These excellent course notes teach you: Software development
process, Software requirements and specifications, Software
design techniques, Techniques for developing large software
systems, CASE tools and software development environments,
Software testing, documentation and maintenance.

CPSC-612: Applied Networks and Distributed Processing:
http://courses.cs.tamu.edu/cpsc612/miket/
Click on Transparencies link for excellent Lecture Slides in ppt
and sxi formats.

CPSC-662: Distributed Computing Systems:
http://faculty.cs.tamu.edu/bettati/Courses/662/Spring-2002/
Click on Resources and Slides links. Also, here are the
instructors guide <http://www.cdk3.net/ig/> and additional
material <http://www.cdk3.net/additional/> for the text book for
this course.

5) The Best Suggested Sites from our Website Users - Every month
we feature the best suggested IT training and tutorial sites from
our website visitors. Here are this month's sites:

CompTIA Security Exam Study Guide:
http://www.alphageekproductions.com

This is a Security+ study guide you can download for free, click
on the Download Free Draft PDF link. The authors have received
feedback indicating that it was instrumental to folks in passing
the beta exam. It is more thorough than cramsession's shorter
guide.

Digital Director:
http://www.marcpeters.co.uk

A series of digital video editing guides for the amateur
videographer. From video capture to final production. Includes
all the tools needed for successful video editing.

Developing Webs:
http://www.developingwebs.net/

Freely access tutorials and help with HTML, CSS, Flash,
Animation, Photoshop, FrontPage, Dreamweaver, and Publishing.

44 page Dreamweaver 4 Tutorial;
http://learnitforfree.co.uk/DW4tutorial.pdf

Microsoft Solutions Framework Resource Kits:

Principles of Component Design Resource Kit:
http://www.aurelian.ro/MSF/RESOURCE_KIT-PCD/

Principles of Application Development Resource Kit:
http://www.aurelian.ro/MSF/RESOURCE_KIT-PAD/

6) New Computer & IT Training & Tutorial Link & Resource Sites:

These web sites will be added to our IT Links and Resources page
at http://www.intelligentedu.com/cat6.html

Top Downloaded Files at programmersheaven.com:
http://www.programmersheaven.com/other/topfiles.htm

Top Articles at programmersheaven.com:
http://www.programmersheaven.com/other/Toparticles.htm

Academic Info:

Computer Science: Digital Library:
http://www.academicinfo.net/compscilibrary.html

Computer Science: Programming Languages:
http://www.academicinfo.net/compscilang.html

Software Engineering Resources:
http://www.rspa.com/spi/index.html

Over 800 software engineering resources to help you gather
information on a variety of software engineering topics.

7) New Desktop and Office Application Training Sites:

These web sites will be added to of Free Office and Desktop
Training page at http://www.intelligentedu.com/office.html . Also,
check out our expanded MS Office 2000 Free Training page here:
http://www.intelligentedu.com/office_2000.html

How To's and Guides
http://www.ku.edu/cgiwrap/acs/subject.pl

Variety of documentation: that is, how-to's, guides,
instructions, discussions, class handouts covering Outlook,
Acrobat, Database, Graphics, Presentation, Spreadsheet,
Statistical, Text editing, Word Processing, Web Site, and
Authoring/Publishing/Managing.

List of computing documents by category:
http://www.bris.ac.uk/is/selfhelp/documentation/docs-by-category.htm

Lot of free training tutorials in many categories, including MS
Office, Security, Windows and Unix.

Workshop Handouts:
http://www.stfrancis.edu/cid/handouts.htm

This site has training materials on Word PowerPoint, Dreamweaver
and Flash and also an HTML tutorial here:
http://www.stfrancis.edu/cid/tutorial/htm/basic00.htm

Tutorials and Online Reference Materials:
http://tinyurl.com/2y93

Many online links to Microsoft Office tutorials.

Time Saving Microsoft Excel Solutions ebook:
http://www.add-ins.com/timesavingsolutions.htm

This is a free ebook in Windows help file format that contains
hundreds of solutions to Microsoft Excel problems. Also, here is
a tutorial showing you all the basic Excel functions:
http://www.edtechnorth.fau.edu/4810web/excel.htm

Word Questions and Answers:
http://www.addbalance.com/word/download/WordQuestionsandAnswers.zip

160+ page Word document (in zip format, 170kb). Although written
about earlier versions of Word, this guide is very useful and may
have answers you'll have difficulty finding elsewhere.

8) I.T. Sites Worth Mentioning:

Java 2 SDK, tools, runtimes, and APIs for Standard Edition:
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.1/download.html

Java 2 SDK, Standard Edition Documentation:
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.1/docs/index.html

All Java technology downloads:
http://java.sun.com/downloads/index.html

All Java technology documentation:
http://developer.java.sun.com/developer/infodocs/

ltpb.8m.com:
http://ltpb.8m.com/

This programming site has source code, program library,
Tutorials, Tips, Image Library, Game development library, and
more. This site is updated fairly often with new content, the
majority of which is tutorials and images.

AIDA32:
http://www.aida32.hu/aida-features.php?bit=32

This is a free hardware, software and network auditing tool. It
documents your hardware and software configuration, verifies
networks, and provides memory benchmarks. The documentation is a
separate download (free registration required).

PrcView:
http://www.teamcti.com/pview/prcview.htm

This totally free process viewer displays detailed information
about all running Windows processes including memory used,
threads and DLL usage. Full path and version information is also
shown for each process and DLL. You can also kill or change
priority of any process.

9) Frequently Asked Questions about Technical Training:

Each month Scott Turton will answer one of the frequently asked
questions we receive about computer and IT training and career
development.

December 2002 FAQ: Where can I find free computer books?

Answer:

You can go to intelligentedu.com's 4-page Free Computer and IT Books
section here: http://www.intelligentedu.com/free_computer_books.html.
There you will find all of the best free computer and IT related
books and chapters on the web today. We constantly search for new
ones and include them here in every monthly newsletter. If you
cannot find what you are looking for, or need more than what is
listed, please email me at scott_turton@xxxxxxxxxxxxx and I will
try help you out.

Scott Turton
Computer Education, Training & Tutorial Resources
http://www.intelligentedu.com

10) Please Support Our Training Mission

http://www.intelligentedu.com/support.html

How You Can Support Our IT Training Mission

Please help support Intelligentedu.com's Computer and IT Education and
Training Mission by visiting our sponsors below. By doing so, you
will be helping people who want to learn to use computers in an
Information Technology career.

University of Phoenix Online: Advance your career:
http://pontly.com/clk/aftauserafthepausulde

DeVry: Online degrees for working adults?
http://iashel.com/clk/guntuanglangan

ITT Technical Institute: Choose from their many programs:
http://ipodra.com/clk/kaitanyunnuodiao

Search for IT Training:
http://tinyurl.com/1nvg

Computer Colleges:
http://tinyurl.com/1nvm

Free to Sell - The Ultimate eBook!
http://www.intelligentedu.com/free_to_sell.html

10 Unorthodox Yet Simple Techniques for Getting Thousands of New
Subscribers Every Month...And as Many Leads as You Can Handle!
http://www.intelligentedu.com/10_Techniques_for_New_Subscribers.html

Turning Dreams Into Dollars: 5 Steps to Becoming a Self-Made
Millionaire - Especially During Tough Times:
http://www.intelligentedu.com/Turning_Dreams_Into_Dollars.html

American College of Computer & Information Sciences:
Get the degree you need to advance your career...online at your
convenience
http://wesac.com/clk/solfglurtmataftatz

Saint Leo University Online:
Accelerated Online Degree Programs: Business and Accounting,
Computer Information, Criminal Justice, Liberal Arts.
http://gartum.com/clk/yadenibonkiryudaibon

University Alliance Schools:
Accelerated degrees and flexible online courses with streaming
video lectures
http://elilip.com/clk/tuonongzangtuzhuai

American InterContinental University Online:
http://didtal.com/clk/baizhuankanliumei

Regis University Online (MBA Programs):
http://ilatpa.com/clk/ersolfmermanabung

Jacksonville University Online (RN to BSN Programs):
http://ivibra.com/clk/niuxietudangshai

Computer Education, Training, & Tutorial Resources

http://www.intelligentedu.com/
Free I.T. Training Now!

A free and member-based I.T. educational and training portal web
site. We have compiled, categorized, described, and linked many,
many sites that will be of keen interest to computer science
students and instructors and others seeking free training and
knowledge about computers. All areas are covered, from
programming to systems administration to networking to the
internet. You are able to study and learn all about computers and
I.T. via Free training, courses, tutorials, books, guides,
documentation, articles, tips, notes, and help. Also offered are
free technical training tutorials co-branded with
Beginners.uk.co. Check us out today.

Copyright Notice: Please note that all of the items hyperlinked
are copyrighted by their authors and/or publishers. You are
expected to look for, read, and adhere to such notices.
Downloaded and online material is copyrighted whether or not a
copyright notice is present.

*** Intelligentedu.com's Member Site ***
http://www.intelligentedu.com/sign-up/index.html

Our Members' Site contains the web's best computer and IT
training resources and tutorials. This content is individually
linked and presented in a way to expedite and facilitate your IT
learning experience. We have done all the web research and
presentation work for you so you can concentrate solely on your
computer training.

Intelligentedu.com Member Site FAQ Answers:

1. Over half of the web sites and pages in our members site are
not in the free section of our web site. The online training
resources in our members' site are linked and laid out in a much
more detailed fashion than those in the free section. This will
save you time in finding all the best free training on the web.

2. If you use a credit card when joining, it will be billed by
Verotel. When your membership period expires, you will be asked
if you want to renew your membership, you will not be
automatically charged another fee on your credit card or check.

3. You can also use PayPal to sign-up as a member of
Intelligentedu.com, just use this link:
<http://www.intelligentedu.com/links/become_a_member.html>. If you
register to pay $10.00 (for 2 months access) via PayPal using
this method, simply tell us in the 'Special Instructions' what
you want for your user name and password.

4. If your country is not listed in the drop-down list, please
use 2checkout.com to register as an intelligentedu.com site member
using this link:
<http://www.intelligentedu.com/links/intelinfo_member.html>. I will
then send you an email asking what you would like to use for your
user name and password.

The total price to join our member's site is only $10 total for 2
months, $18.50 for 4 months, or $25.50 for 6 months. The funds
generated will assist us to help all those seeking IT education
and application development training. Here's the link to see
what's available on our member's site and to sign up:
<http://www.intelligentedu.com/sign-up/index.html>. You can email
Scott Turton with questions at scott_turton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I will give you 8 great Free Bonuses when you sign up now.
These are as follows:
1. A Comprehensive 47-page IT Glossary
2. How To Understand Windows Error Messages program
3. 105 Great Totally Free Utility Programs
4. A Bug Tracking Access
5. The Four Best IT Salary Calculator/Wizard sites
6. 12 Great Web Resources for Learning the Best Methods
    to Study and Take Tests
7. Six Great e-Books (a $120 value) to help you Make Money
    using the Internet
8. Five extra bonus IT resource sites that are the best from
    our "worth mentioning" newsletter section

Education, Training, & Tutorial Resources simply send a blank
email to this address:
intelinfo-news@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(You will need to reply to a confirming email.)

Or go to this web page:
http://www.intelligentedu.com/newsletr_sub_unsub.html

To Unsubscribe from this Free monthly Newsletter of Computer
Education, Training, & Tutorial Resources simply send a blank
email to this address:
(no need to confirm)

Or go to this web page:
http://www.intelligentedu.com/newsletr_sub_unsub.html