[insightsa] Budget cuts effect community radio

  • From: Peter Greco <peter.19.greco@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: insightsa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 05 May 2016 21:16:56 +0930

The Federal Budget released on Tuesday, 3 May, contains cuts of $1,4m p.a., funding that currently keeps community radio stations broadcasting on digital in 5 capital cities. If we don't get those funds reinstated, community radio will get left behind on the AMSTFM dial.
We're speaking up to let the Coalition and Labor know that, whoever wins government, we want the funding for community radio stations across the country reinstated.
Will you join the national community radio campaign to get these funds back? Add your voice here to the Keep the Community in Your Radio campaign: httpccwwwddkeepcommunityradio.orgddaust
Alongside a national campaign, we need to show Malcolm Turnbull and Bill Shorten thousands of names on this petition to make our political leaders sit up and listen.
 Your support can be a big part of stopping these cuts.
5RPH is an important part of the Radio for the Print Handicapped community.. We're a community because we're connected and one of the many ways in which we're connected is through community radio.
As a member of our community I urge you to add your voice at httpccwwwddkeepcommunityradio.orgddaust and share this petition and Keep the Community in Your Radio.
 Many thanks
Hans

Hans Reimer