[infotech] The August issue

  • From: "Kelvin Marsh" <kelvin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <infotech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2011 23:21:59 +0100

Hi All,

OK, so I'm late reading the Site Village issue, but I can't help feeling the
questions asked and the interview style was excellent.  As usual, I think
we're amazingly fortunate to have both Terry and Brian asking the questions
we want to know about.

On the RNIB interview, there was mention of the RNIB developed AMY TTS
voice.  Anyone got any experience of this.  Can I get it for my PTX1?

Also, I was interested by the idea of the 12 cell Braille devices.  I can no
longer read Braille due to spine damage affecting finger sensitivity, but I
have a specific need to check I've typed a code correctly whilst reading it
back verbally.  I might be able to handle a really sharp Braille display
using my thumb.  Any experiences or suggestions welcomed.

Best wishes, Kelvin M0AID

Low Vision Liaison
RAIBC - The CharityWorking for Radio Amateurs with Disabilities
www.raibc.org.uk

To contact the list owners, please send a message to
brian.hartgen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
or
terry.clasper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

To unsubscribe from the list, please send a message to
infotech-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
with the word
unsubscribe
in the subject line.