[infoshare] accessability on the web

  • From: gar@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: Infoshare@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 May 2012 17:25:29 -0400

This was forwarded to me from another list I'm on.

In doing some more research in an attempt to locate more resources for
BAReclaiming members wanting to enhance accessibility of videos,
websites, and other on-line stuff, I came across this website that I
think would be valuable to all. It's called WebAIM, which stands for
"Web Accessibility In Mind." It's purpose is to focus on how we can
expand the web's potential for people with disabilities. There's lots of
good information here and tips on how to make your own on-line sites
more accessible...not only for those who are deaf or hard of hearing but
also for individuals with other disabilities as well, such as blindness.

If you type "captioning" in the search box in the upper righthand
corner, you will end up with several pages of links to articles on what
captioning is and how you can caption your own on-line videos using
various programs for such. If you type "blindness" you will get
information on how to make your website more accessible to those who are
blind.

I encourage everyone to check out this site...

<http://webaim.org/>http://webaim.org/

__._,_.___
<mailto:stretch44@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=Re%3A%20accessability%20on%20the%20web>Reply to sender | <mailto:blind-gay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=Re%3A%20accessability%20on%20the%20web>Reply to group | <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/blind-gay/post;_ylc=X3oDMTJvODc4bzNwBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzk3OTczBGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTE4OTA1MgRtc2dJZAMyOTQxMgRzZWMDZnRyBHNsawNycGx5BHN0aW1lAzEzMzc4MDM3NjI-?act=reply&messageNum=29412>Reply via web post | <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/blind-gay/post;_ylc=X3oDMTJjbmI2MjBkBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzk3OTczBGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTE4OTA1MgRzZWMDZnRyBHNsawNudHBjBHN0aW1lAzEzMzc4MDM3NjI->Start a New Topic <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/blind-gay/message/29412;_ylc=X3oDMTM0dnE0ZWJsBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzk3OTczBGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTE4OTA1MgRtc2dJZAMyOTQxMgRzZWMDZnRyBHNsawN2dHBjBHN0aW1lAzEzMzc4MDM3NjIEdHBjSWQDMjk0MTI->Messages in this topic (1)
Recent Activity:
List commands
To post messages to the list, send them to
blind-gay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To unsubscribe from the list, send a message to
blind-gay-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To receive messages individually, send a blank message to
blind-gay-normal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To receive messages in digest form, send a blank message to
blind-gay-digest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To go no mail, send a blank message to
blind-gay-nomail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To contact the list owner or moderator, send your message to
blind-gay-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Switch to: <mailto:blind-gay-traditional@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=Change Delivery Format: Traditional>Text-Only, <mailto:blind-gay-digest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=Email Delivery: Digest>Daily Digest ? <mailto:blind-gay-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=Unsubscribe>Unsubscribe ? <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>Terms of Use
.