[infoshare] TDS 10 Feb - Kindle 2 ebook reader

  • From: "Lynne" <superlynne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <infoshare@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 22:44:21 -0500

Hi, All.
The first generation of this player was inaccessible.  It's great to see that
they've made at least this concession.  Can you change speech rate and who is
the reader?  just a few important questions.  <smile>  It's available at
amazon.com.
Lynne

Kindle 2, the next generation wireless reading device. With a sleek and thin
design that makes Kindle 2 as thin as a typical magazine and lighter than a
paperback, the new Kindle has seven times more storage and now holds over 1,500
books. It has a longer battery life and faster page turns. An advanced display
provides even crisper images and clearer text for an improved book-like reading
experience. And Kindle 2 even reads to you, with "Read to Me", our new Text to
Speech feature.

With Kindle 2 we kept everything readers love about the original Kindle-the
convenience of reading what you want, when you want it, the immediacy of
getting a book wirelessly delivered in less than 60 seconds, and Kindle's
ability to "disappear" in your hands so you can get lost in the author's words.
We're also excited to announce that the Kindle Store has over 230,000 ebooks
available.

Read-to-Me

Now Kindle can read to you. With its new Text-to-Speech feature, Kindle can
read every book, blog, magazine, and newspaper out loud to you. You can switch
back and forth between reading and listening, and your spot is automatically
saved. Pages automatically turn while the content is being read, so you can
listen hands-free. You can speed up or slow down the reading speeds or choose a
male or female voice. Anything you can read on Kindle, Kindle can read to you,
including books, newspapers, magazines, blogs and even personal documents. In
the middle of a great book or article but have to jump in the car? Simply turn
on Text-to-Speech and listen on the go.