[infoshare] Fwd: digital TV radio

  • From: Rachel <rachel720@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: undisclosed-recipients:;
  • Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 22:12:21 -0500

The following is a description of a digital TV radio that Richard Oehm, of Optacon repair fame, is able to produce and sell. It costs $165 and $17 shipping. If you're interested in purchasing this device, please contact Richard directly; his contact info is at the bottom of this e-mail. Please DO NOT contact me, as I will not be able to help you.

Thank you.
Rachel
The DTV radio I can offer to you is a
modified version of what we sell to reader services that utilize one of
the "alternate audio" channels on a terrestrial (off air) digital TV
channel to carry their broadcasts.  This radio is fairly easy for a
blind person to use, and the users instructions will come in Braille or
as an audio presentation on a compact disk.  The radio doesn't have
speech output, but its operation is fairly intuitive.  The radio is
housed in a small wooden cabinet with its own speaker.  There are rear
panel stereo RCA type audio output jacks on this radio, that allow you
to connect this radio to your hi fi audio system.  The radio tunes all
off air digital television channels from channel #2 to channel #69.
This is a digital TV receiver capable of decoding all ATSC formatted
broadcasts.  This radio will not receive any analog TV broadcasts if
there are still any of these available in your area.  Additionally, this
radio will not receive most of the TV channels carried by your cable
company.  The radio has its own telescoping whip antenna for receiving
DTV channels within approximately twenty to thirty miles from you.  You
can also disconnect this built in antenna and use a superior indoor or
outdoor tv antenna for better reception of distant broadcast TV signals.
A front panel keypad allows you to set up this radio for reception of
digital TV channels in your area.  This front panel keypad also allows
you to select and listen too, any of the available tv channels and
alternate audio programs available at your location.  The radio operates
from standard 120 volt AC power outlets.  The radio cabinet measures
eight inches high, twelve inches wide, and four inches deep.  These
dimmensions asume that the telescoping whip antenna is in its fully
collapsed position.  The radio comes with a two year parts and labor
warranty.  The price for this radio is $165.00 each.  This price doesn't
include shipping charges.  If you're interested in purchasing one or
more of these radios, let me know.  It can sometimes take us
approximately fifteen to thirty days to deliver one of these radios.

                    Very Best Regards,

                    Richard Oehm

Richard Oehm    E-mail: oehmelec@xxxxxxxxxxx