[infoshare] Re: Fwd: FW: reminder: An Invitation to a Town Hall meeting re Accessible Pedestrian Signals

  • From: "Lynne" <superlynne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <infoshare@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 07:40:41 -0400

We'll be there. smile
Lynne

----- Original Message ----- From: "Rachel" <rachel720@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "undisclosed-recipients:"
Sent: Wednesday, October 27, 2010 10:52 PM
Subject: [infoshare] Fwd: FW: reminder: An Invitation to a Town Hall meeting re Accessible Pedestrian Signals

*Pedestrians for Accessible and Safe Streets -- PASS*

Please Join the Steering Committee of Pedestrians for Accessible and
Safe Streets (PASS) at the first TOWN HALL MEETING regarding the
importance of Accessible PEDISTRIAN SIGNALS

*Date:*
November 1, 2010

*Time:*
6:00-8:00 pm

Location*:*
Lighthouse International
111 East 59th Street, between Park and Lexington Avenues

Come and learn about the *Accessible Pedestrian Signals* (APS)! Learn
why APSs are so important for people with vision loss at complex
intersections in the City:
While our Mayor is working hard to make New York City streets safer for
drivers, cyclists, and pedestrians, he has neglected the safety issues
that these changes have created for New Yorkers and visitors who have
vision loss. PASS has requested meetings with the powers that be to open
a dialogue on the critical importance of including installation of life
saving Accessible Pedestrian Signals.

This is your opportunity to work with PASS to bring our concerns and
demand for action to public notice. as we await a response from the
Mayor's Office regarding the placement of APSs.

Find out what we can do to make travel in New York City safer for all.
Have your questions answered and your comments noted.
Invite your constituents to attend this critical meeting.

We thank you for signing on to support the efforts of PASS to move this
issue to the forefront!

*Please RSVP by October 29, 2010 to Ellenr5@xxxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:Ellenr5@xxxxxxxxxxx>
*

Thank you for your commitment to increasing safety for people with
vision loss.

--PASS Steering Committee