[indaemed] CLOSED LOOP - On Track

  • From: "PK Tyagi, MD DNB" <pktdoc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: indaemed@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2004 06:10:04 -0800 (PST)

       CLOSED LOOP HC ? ON TRACK

Dear list,
There has been an overwhelming response to my last
mail about closing the loop in our first generation
centrifuge. Apart from the indavmed mails, I have
received personal mails and telephones calls. The
upgrade seems to have spread a ?feel good? factor
among the aeromedical community in India. I am very
excited no doubt.  And I can feel that so are the aero
med physicians GS Sir, Kulkarni Sir, Gp  Capts Dogra &
Malik, Wg Cdrs Gomez, Kapur, Sudhanshu, Sinha, Dilish,
Jasvir, Anupam etc? The fighter pilot fraternity is
enjoying it too. The excitement continues. In the
current on-going high G course (92nd AFAIC), all six
pilots have done High Sustained G runs in closed loop
including 7G 15s, 8G 10s, 9G 5s runs and all have done
the required 2 peaks of 4G15s-8G10s SACM (three of
them have already hacked 9 peaks i.e. 5 minutes of
SACM) and none has had a GLOC. If the trend is
anything to go by, GLOC episodes in our centrifuge may
become a thing of the past with this pilot interactive
mode.

Apart from the vendor who translated what I wanted
into reality (I hadn?t seen a HC with closed loop
before this change), I want to especially acknowledge
the free hand allowed to me by the IAM commandant, CRO
and my wonderful colleague Wg Cdr A Sinha. But for all
this help, ?CLOSING THE LOOP? may have remained a
dream.

Cheers
Tyagi

http://mail.yahoo.com