salams from Imran, Rajab/Shaban/Ramadhan, Hadith Qudsi, Costly White elephants

  • From: "Imran-Azam Khan" <no1khan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: imran_dist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 14:44:42 +0100

Assalamu alaykum wa rahmatuAllahi wa barakatahu,

1st group email of 2007!

Rajab "the month of Allah" is almost at a close, Sha'ban "the month of the
prophet" is dawning, Ramadhan "the month of the ummah" is ~4/5weeks away.
14-15 September

Shaykh Nuh Kellar (Hanafi/Shafi/Tassawuf Master) has flown in and will be at
Harrow masjid, 14th Aug 2007, 19:30 tomorrow.

------------------------------

On the authority of Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him), who said
that the Prophet (Allah bless him and give him peace) said: Allah the
Almighty said:

I am as My servant thinks I am. I am with him when he makes mention of Me.
If he makes mention of Me to himself, I make mention of him to Myself; and
if he makes mention of Me in an assembly, I make mention of him in an
assemble better than it. And if he draws near to Me an arm's length, I draw
near to him a fathom's length. And if he comes to Me walking, I go to him at
speed.

It was related by al-Buhkari (also by Muslim, at-Tirmidhi and Ibn-Majah).
Imam Nawawi's 40 Hadith Qudsi

------------------------------

Hadith Qudsi 25:
  On the authority of Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him), who said
that the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said: Allah (mighty and sublime be He) said:
  Whosoever shows enmity to someone devoted to Me, I shall be at war with him.
My servant draws not near to Me with anything more loved by Me than the
religious duties I have enjoined upon him, and My servant continues to draw
near to Me with supererogatory works so that I shall love him. When I love him
I am his hearing with which he hears, his seeing with which he sees, his hand
with which he strikes and his foot with which he walks. Were he to ask
[something] of Me, I would surely give it to him, and were he to ask Me for
refuge, I would surely grant him it. I do not hesitate about anything as much
as I hesitate about [seizing] the soul of My faithful servant: he hates death
and I hate hurting him.

It was related by al-Bukhari.
Imam Nawawi's 40 Hadith Qudsi

*White Elephants * <http://www.prc.org.uk/data/aspx/d5/3795.aspx>

The King of Siam knew how to deal with domestic opponents: he would present
them with a white elephant. White elephants are rare in nature, and
therefore sacred. Being sacred, they may not be put to work. But even a
sacred elephant does eat, and eat a lot. Enough to turn a rich man into a
pauper.

*http://www.prc.org.uk/data/aspx/d5/3795.aspx*<http://www.prc.org.uk/data/aspx/d5/3795.aspx>