Sahih Bukhari: Euphrates

  • From: "I Khan" <no1khan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <imran_dist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2003 00:25:41 -0000

Assalamu alay kum warahmatuAllahi wa barakatahu,

In this present context please think about the following Hadeeths. I believe
this gold is the oil for which they are rushed to fight.
Online version of Sahih Bukhari and Sahih Muslim are available at: see this
particular link direct to the hadeeth referenced in the mail.
http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/fundamentals/hadithsunnah/muslim/041.smt.html#041.6921

Also here is a very good link to site, linking to many resources
http://www.wponline.org/vil/Default.htm.
Read the online books here:
http://www.wponline.org/vil/Books

May Allah save innocent people from this fitnah. (Ameen)

       Sahih Bukhari, Book 88: Afflictions and the End of the World

       Volume 9, Book 88, Number 235:

       Narrated Abu Huraira:

       Allah's Apostle said, "Soon the river "Euphrates" will disclose the
treasure
       (the mountain) of gold, so whoever will be present at that time should
not
       take anything of it." Al-A'raj narrated from Abii Huraira that the
Prophet
       said the same but he said, "It (Euphrates) will uncover a mountain of
gold
       (under it)."

       Sahih Muslim, Book 41 :

       KITAB AL-FITAN WA ASHRAT AS-SA'AH (BOOK PERTAINING TO THE TURMOIL AND

       PORTENTS OF THE LAST HOUR)

       Book 41, Number 6918:

       Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as
saying:
       The Last Hour would not come before the Euphrates uncovers a mountain of

       gold, for which people would fight. Ninety-nine out of each one hundred

       would die but every man amongst them would say that perhaps he would be
the
       one who would be saved (and thus possess this gold).

       Book 41, Number 6922:

       'Abdullah b. Harith b. Naufal reported: I was standing along with Ubayy
b.
       Kab and he said: The opinions of the people differ in regard to the

       achievement of worldly ends. I said: Yes, of course. Thereupon he said:
       heard Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: The Euphrates

       would soon uncover a mountain of gold and when the people would bear of
it
       they would flock towards it but the people who would possess that
(treasure)
       (would say): If we allow these persons to take out of it they would take

       away the whole of it. So they would fight and ninety-nine out of one
hundred
       would be killed. Abu Kamil in his narration said: I and Abu Ka'b stood
under
       the shade of the battlement of Hassan.