I am as my servant thinks I am

  • From: "Imran Khan" <i.khan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <imran_dist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2005 11:57:57 +0200

On the authority of Abu Harayrah (may Allah be pleased with him), who said
that the Prophet (Allah bless him and give him peace) said: Allah the
Almighty said:

I am as My servant thinks I am. I am with him when he makes mention of Me.
If he makes mention of Me to himself, I make mention of him to Myself; and
if he makes mention of Me in an assembly, I make mention of him in an
assemble better than it. And if he draws near to Me an arm's length, I draw
near to him a fathom's length. And if he comes to Me walking, I go to him at
speed.

It was related by al-Buhkari (also by Muslim, at-Tirmidhi and Ibn-Majah).

Imam Nawawi's 40 Hadith Qudsi