Duaa: 1st 10days of Dhul Hajj, Day of Arafah & Eid

  • From: "Imran-Azam Khan" <no1khan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <imran_dist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2006 04:17:47 -0000

I tried so hard to send this out on Eidul Fitr, but my Mail Lists Mechanism
failed, so anyway I am sending this in advance and in place of this Eidul
Adha that's coming inshaAllah in less than 10 days. I hope it goes out.

I just wanted to inform everyone that it is recommended to be fasting during
these 10days that lead to Eidul Adha, in that they have been spoken of in
the Quran. And the best day of fasting is the day of Arafah. It has been
reported that the return of one who fasts this day of Arafah if Allah
accepts it, to be that of forgiveness for the previous year and the year to
come. So we being capitalists, I think the reward is great and the
investment very little, apart from the intention. :-)

Imran Khan

Assalamu alaykum wa rahmatuAllahi wa barakatahu*

It gives me great pleasure to send this email, saying Eid Mubarak once
again. May Allah shower his peace, mercy and blessings upon this earth and
open every beings heart to accept Islam in whole and live in the
tranquillity and harmony it teaches us to reach. May Allah make us of those
people who enjoin the good and forbid the evil. May Allah make us strong in
our families and in our communities, in overcoming our struggles without
despair and take us away from incorrect approaches that ultimately only harm
yet we may consider them to be acceptable avenues. May Allah not dam us with
incorrectly interpreting His deen and permit us to take knowledge and wisdom
from the unbroken chains of scholarship that are ever disappearing.

May Allah give us intellect to understand His wisdoms and logic, understand
his blessings with our circumstances and give us the ability to trust him
and leave with him our affairs after we have done what is materially
possible.

The prophet (saw) said "Duaa is worship" and therefore we should make an
emphasis to perform duaa everywhere, whenever time permits but to also be in
a good state to ask. We should stay in the remembrance of Allah and although
we are recommended at many timings and places the message is to ultimately
always be in Dhikr. Allah (swt) through his messenger Muhammad (saw) did not
make it obligatory to be in Dhikr in that it would be a hardship for some of
us to follow, but for those who realise: One should be in Dhikr all the
time. I wish I had people persistently around me 24x7 that could keep me in
check.

Make duaa for this ummah, your society and if you can for me.

Ameen

JazakAllah Khairan

Imran Khan