[impression-x] Re: Another fault report -- font exceeds number

  • From: Jim Nagel <jim-imp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: impression-x@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2015 17:55:10 +0100

Bob Latham wrote on 10 Aug:

Error from Impression-X:
The font name number exceeds the number of font names.

Yes, I've had that one too. Can't recall ever seeing that exact
message in earlier versions of Impression. Is the message new to
Impression-X, Richard?

The wording isn't exactly self-explaining to the user at surface
level!

I haven't worked out what triggers it. Maybe it's having switched a
font on or off while Impression(-X) is already loaded. That used to
trip up earlier versions. The workaround then was to quit Impression,
activate or deactivate fonts as necessary, then reload Impression.
This might or might not apply with Impression-X too -- I haven't
encountered the error often enough to say for sure.

--
Jim Nagel www.archivemag.co.uk