[ilugdharmapuri] [x-post] Fwd: [IndiChix] IRC planning meeting to promote FOSS among women in India

  • From: Shrinivasan T <tshrinivasan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mailinglist@xxxxxxxxx, fossnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, fossnews <fossnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, kanchilug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, linuxusers_iitm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, chennaigeeks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, jec-lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, dgvc2013oss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, ilugcbe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "GNU/Linux User Group of Madurai" <glug-madurai-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, ilugdharmapuri@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2013 11:51:23 +0000

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Satabdi Das <satabdidas@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, Apr 29, 2013 at 11:39 AM
Subject: [IndiChix] IRC planning meeting to promote FOSS among women in India
To: Ubuntu-Women <ubuntu-women@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, LinuxChix - India
<indichix@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi,

We are having an IRC meeting on Monday 29 April at 9pm IST to discuss
how we can promote FOSS among women in India. We will be meeting at
channel #wfs-india at irc.freenode.net

This is a first meeting among people who feel the need to have a
community for women in FOSS in India to help each other, connect with
each other and address common issues faced by us.
Although, no strict agenda has been fixed, a few topics which might be
raised at the meeting are -

 - why and if at all do we need a group to promote FOSS among women in India
 - how we can improve networking among women in software in India
 - how we can unite to address common issues faced by women in
technology in India
 - how we can help each other to build skills, expertise and grow
professionally and personally
 - if we can organize an event (something on the line of adacamp - (I
really love the idea)) in India.
 - anything that you wish to bring up to help the cause.

Please join in if you are interested.

Regards,
Satabdi

--
Whatever you do may seem insignificant to you, but it is most
important that you do it.

Regards,
T.Shrinivasan

My Life with GNU/Linux : http://goinggnu.wordpress.com