Its very simple. There are ten commandments just in case you didn't know.
1) Grow your hair, the longer the better.
2) Water is only for drinking. Never use it for any other external use
3) Toothbrush is the instrument of M$. Besides the ingredients used in a
toothpaste is closed source. Avoid it all costs.
4) Donate all money to the nice memebers of ILUGC.
5) Shaving blade destroys environment. Don't shave.
6) Food and Code are analogues, Reuse and share both profusely.
7) In the morning the first thing to do after opening your eyeys is to
recite the Stallman GNU song
8) If you hand ever touch a windows machine. Immediately free the machine of
the M$. Pop in you GNU/Linux CD and reinstall the machine. This is the only
redemption for such a mortal sin. Watch the face of the owner of the machine
as he realises the redemption of his mahcine. The expression you can bet
will be priceless.
9) Start swearing along the along the lines of
Holy Vi/Vim !! (Depends on your preference)
10) Finally the last and the foremost thing of them all...
Plain speak shall you speak. Never close source your mind. Be open.
Follow theese ten rules and no time you shall be indoctrined in the
reiligion of being a GNU'er. Remember you are the shiny example for others,
looking at you people will embrace your new faith.
I wish you luck.
From: Suraj Kumar [mailto:suraj@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, August 08, 2002 6:24 PM
Subject: [Ilugc] [OT?][religion] GNU
Was wondering if GNU was an officially accepted religion. If yes, how
does conversion take place? if not how do I make GNU an accepted
| The low cannot tolerate to see others relish food |
| and dress, but stoop to fault and blame |
| (meanness (cowardice) - 9), Thirukkural |
To unsubscribe email Ilugc-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with "unsubscribe"
in the subject or body of the message.
From Ravi Rao <mail@xxxxxxxxxxx> Thu Aug 8 23:20:54 2002
From: Ravi Rao <mail@xxxxxxxxxxx> (Ravi Rao)
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2002 16:20:54 -0700
Subject: [OFFTOPIC] RE: [Ilugc] [OT?][religion] GNU
"Ahmed, Zameer" <Zameer.Ahmed@xxxxxx> chittered thus:
| 9) Start swearing along the along the lines of
| Holy Emacs!!
| Holy Vi/Vim !! (Depends on your preference)
I don't think so. Vim is non-free, AFAIK. The author wants you to donate
money to some junta in Uganda, to keep vim "free". Hence, if you swear by
vim, you are not likely to be accepted as a saint of the GNU.
"Indifference will certainly be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?"
/ Larval Geek http://www.ravirao.net/ mail@xxxxxxxxxxx \
| GPG:0xF1E7DE29 CD17 7E7B 67A4 EEC1 FF0A 2757 358A 4A88 F1E7 DE29 |