[ilug-cal-website] Fwd: [LIH] [ANN] i386 mirror for Ubuntu in India

  • From: Nirmalya Lahiri <nirmalyalahiri@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2006 06:41:49 -0700 (PDT)

Note: forwarded message attached.

Nirmalya Lahiri
(+91-94331-13536)

http://mail.yahoo.com
--- Begin Message ---
  • From: Kumar Appaiah <akumar@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: linux-india-help@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2006 09:17:25 +0530
Dear LIH,

I wanted to inform you that IIT Madras has set up an i386 only mirror
for Ubuntu. The mirror has been set up only yesterday, so it may take
time to get populated with packages, but should be in a usable state
in a few days.

The mirror is at http://ftp.iitm.ac.in/pub/ubuntu

Please do post if there are problems. I shall forward it to the
administrator to get them rectified. Also, I'd request you to forward
this to your local LUG, so that more users may benefit from this!

Thanks!

Kumar
--
Kumar Appaiah,