[ilssa] World Maker Faire New York: Sept 25-26, 2010

  • From: ILSSA Operator <operator@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ilssa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 May 2010 12:42:54 -0400

Impractical Laborers,

Greetings, once again, from your ILSSA Co-Operators. We're writing to gauge your interest in a collective endeavor we're contemplating. We'd love to have an ILSSA booth at the 1st Annual World Maker Faire New York, which takes place this fall on the weekend of September 25-26, 2010.

Here is a brief description of the category to which we'd like to apply:

Makers: Individuals, groups, schools and organizations that would like to demonstrate what they make and/or how it works in an interactive environment. For Maker groups, schools & organizations, we ask that you have one point person to coordinate your group efforts. Makers do not pay a fee to exhibit at Maker Faire for non-commercial exhibits.

If accepted, we'd have the opportunity to feature a rotating group of ILSSA makers at the Faire. We're imagining a schedule of time slots that members could fill with interactive opportunities for the public to impractically labor. For more info about the Maker Faire see the link below.

http://makerfaire.com/newyork/2010/callformakers/

Please take a look and let us know if you'd be interested. If so, please send an e-mail to operator@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, expressing your interest and your ideas for demonstrations. The deadline for reply is June 14, after which we'll decide if we have enough interest to move forward. FYI, this will also be the date by which you'll need to RSVP for the 2010 Festival to Plead for Skills. Your printed invitations will be on their way shortly, as will the objects from our inaugural festival.

Happy Summer!
ILSSA Co-Operators

ILSSAILSSAILSSAILSSAILSSAILSSAILSSAILSSAILSSAILSSA

AS MANY HOURS AS IT TAKES
ILSSA Operator
www.impractical-labor.org