[ilssa] New at Lovely In The Home Press!

  • From: Erin Sweeney <erin.swn@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Sweeney, Erin" <erin.swn@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 22:00:31 -0400

Coming Up at Lovely In The Home Press:

May 1, 11-3: Simple  Case Bound Book. A simpler method of making a
traditional case-bound book. We’ll cover boards, sew up a text block, and
case-in the book all in one session. $70, includes all materials.

May 22, 11-2: Mongolian Board Book. An incredibly simple structure, the
boards become our pages and we bind with a simple tyvek spine. Can be
three-dimensional as well. $65, includes all materials.

May 29, 11-4: Chinese Sewing Box Book. An amazing folded paper book made of
paper boxes, created by Hedi Kyle. Based on a traditional Chinese paper
wallet that was used for housing sewing items. $90, includes all materials.

 Book School, Spring ’10!

8 weeks of Book Arts delights! Each week we’ll explore a new structure
including Mongolian Board Books, Coptic-bound books, hinged box books, and
simple Case-Bound books. In addition, we will delve into the never-ending
possibilities of the folded structure including Blizzard books and Franklin
folds, invented by Book Arts World Leader, Hedi Kyle. Students will be
encouraged to supply content and to consider the best use for each
structure.
Workshops include the use of all of my tools and implements, and supplies
for each project will be provided.
$400, includes all materials.

*Wednesdays: April 28 to June 16, 6-9pm**
**Thursdays: April 29 to June 17, 4-7pm*

Book Arts for Kids!

*July 14, 15, 16, 12-1:30 pm* : Three special sessions just for kids, aged 6
to 10. Each day we will work on a new project. Instant Book Biographies,
Make-Your-Own Sketchbooks, and Hinged Box Books. All materials will be
provided. Come for one day, or all three! $40 each day, or $110 for all
three days.

*July 19, 20, 21, 10-11:30am*: Three special sessions just for kids, aged
6-10. Each day we will work on a new project. Bug Boxes, Accordion Books
with Portraits and Pop-Ups, and Instant Comics. All materials will be
provided. Come for one day, or all three! $40 each day, or $110 for all
three days.

 Book School Summer ‘10

A solid week of Book Arts delights! Each day we will focus on a new
structure, delving into content as well as form. Simple writing exercises
will be explored as well as simple print techniques for visual content.
Structures to be covered may include Simple Sewn Structures, Spider Books,
the Coptic stitch, Record Books, Folded Structures of all kinds, the Chinese
Sewing Box Book and Hinged Box Books.

*August 16-20, Monday to Friday, 10-4 each day. $425, includes all
materials.*

*August 23-27, Monday to Friday, 10-4 each day. $425, includes all
materials.*

Please don’t hesitate to contact me with any and all questions at
erin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, or to sign up for a workshop. Become a fan of Lovely
In The Home Press on Facebook to see photos of all structures mentioned
here, as well as action shots from workshops!

www.erinsweeney.net

In Addition:

*art exhibition & sale*

*at 30 main*

paper/metal mobiles & clocks: margaret baker

garden plants: sheryl fletcher

stoneware pottery: mary meyers

silver & gold jewelry: brian richardson

mixed media: jane el simpson

books & printed matter: erin sweeney

friday, may 7 * 5 to 8 pm

saturday, may 8 * 11 to 6 pm

sunday, may 9 * 12 to 3 pm

30 main street, 2nd floor

peterborough, nh 03458

look what’s coming: mother’s day, graduation, weddings, plus your own
insatiable desire for original art, plants, community with friends,
refreshments….

a chance to stop up and see what’s going on at the vibrant 30 main and buy
handmade gifts for all of your upcoming events!

and:

The Solo Workshop
"Significant
Others"<http://online.flynncenter.org/t?r=412&c=456803&l=77669&ctl=1332235:AE8E46BA40F167DF76AA3CCE33E17AD9E055D3D0AA8EF40E&;>
*A Collection of Solo Performance Events*
*
Saturday, May 8 at 8 pm; FlynnSpace *
[image: Buy
Tickets]<http://online.flynncenter.org/t?r=412&c=456803&l=77669&ctl=1332234:AE8E46BA40F167DF76AA3CCE33E17AD9E055D3D0AA8EF40E&;>

Five artists from creative writing, dance, film, music, and visual art
premiere the culmination of The Solo Workshop's most recent
multidisciplinary and collaborative investigation into the solo mode. The
audience will be treated to a unique experiential blend of artistic forms
and styles as the evening tests and redefines solo performance.

Artists include Paul Besaw (dance), Deb Ellis (film), Major Jackson
(creative writing), Patricia Julien (music), and Erin Sweeney (visual art).
The evening will feature performances by Clare Byrne, Amber deLaurentis,
Jason Lambert, Abby Paige and technical direction/design by Stefan Jacobs.

FlynnTix<http://online.flynncenter.org/t?r=412&c=456803&l=77669&ctl=133223B:AE8E46BA40F167DF76AA3CCE33E17AD9E055D3D0AA8EF40E&;>|
Search<http://online.flynncenter.org/t?r=412&c=456803&l=77669&ctl=1332245:AE8E46BA40F167DF76AA3CCE33E17AD9E055D3D0AA8EF40E&;>|
FAQs<http://online.flynncenter.org/t?r=412&c=456803&l=77669&ctl=1332242:AE8E46BA40F167DF76AA3CCE33E17AD9E055D3D0AA8EF40E&;>|
My
Account<http://online.flynncenter.org/t?r=412&c=456803&l=77669&ctl=1332244:AE8E46BA40F167DF76AA3CCE33E17AD9E055D3D0AA8EF40E&;>|
Directions<http://online.flynncenter.org/t?r=412&c=456803&l=77669&ctl=1332240:AE8E46BA40F167DF76AA3CCE33E17AD9E055D3D0AA8EF40E&;>|
Home<http://online.flynncenter.org/t?r=412&c=456803&l=77669&ctl=1332241:AE8E46BA40F167DF76AA3CCE33E17AD9E055D3D0AA8EF40E&;>|
Site
Map<http://online.flynncenter.org/t?r=412&c=456803&l=77669&ctl=1332243:AE8E46BA40F167DF76AA3CCE33E17AD9E055D3D0AA8EF40E&;>

*
Flynn Center for the Performing Arts:* 153 Main Street, Burlington, VT 05401
Offices: 802-652-4500
*For tickets:* 802-86-Flynn / 802-863-5966 V/relay or
http://www.flynncenter.org<http://online.flynncenter.org/t?r=412&c=456803&l=77669&ctl=1332239:AE8E46BA40F167DF76AA3CCE33E17AD9E055D3D0AA8EF40E&;>

The Flynn Center for the Performing Arts seeks to comply with the web site
accessibility standards of the
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Our web site represents a good-faith
effort to comply with those standards.

If you no longer want to receive these Flynn Center eNotices please indicate
this at
http://www.flynntix.org/Account/<http://online.flynncenter.org/t?r=412&c=456803&l=77669&ctl=1332237:AE8E46BA40F167DF76AA3CCE33E17AD9E055D3D0AA8EF40E&;>-
you will be asked to log in and can then indicate your mail preferences in
the right column. Please note that if you start to log in and have forgotten
your password please choose "look me up" and it will be emailed to you
immediately so that you may alter your account. You may also send an email
"UNSUBSCRIBE to Flynn Center eNotices" in the subject. If a friend
forwarded this to you and you would like to join our mailing list please
create or update your Flynn account at
http://www.flynntix.org/Account/<http://online.flynncenter.org/t?r=412&c=456803&l=77669&ctl=1332236:AE8E46BA40F167DF76AA3CCE33E17AD9E055D3D0AA8EF40E&;>

--
Erin Sweeney