[ilssa] BOOK BOMBS!!!

  • From: michelle wilson <rocinantepress@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ilssa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2010 09:35:58 -0800

Dear ILSSA Friends,

I'd like to share some arts news about items both upcoming and recent about
BOOK BOMBS.

First on my mind: Book Bomber Mary Tasillo will be teaching a Book Arts
class at the excellent Fleisher Art Memorial in South Philly, Thursday
evenings January through March. Please help fill the class by telling anyone
who may be interested. Cheaper than yoga by the hour! You can view course
description, along with work samples from both me and former students, on
Facebook at *http://tinyurl.com/268onft, or view course and registration
info at *www.fleisher.org. Registration is open through Dec 23. Teachers who
take this class can receive Act 48 credits, and Fleisher does have
scholarships for those who need financial assistance. To inquire about
taking the class, Act 48 Hours, or financial assistance, visit the Fleisher
website or call them at 215-922-3456.

The Book Bombs update: As many of know, Michelle Wilson and Mary Tasillo
have been collaborating over the past year under the name *Book Bombs*,
creating print and handmade paper work for public spaces. We've just
released *We Walk Asking Questions: Book Bombs Zine #2*, our first project
since Michelle moved to the West Coast. Be in touch if you are interested in
a copy (bookbombing@xxxxxxxxx). Looking ahead, we will be print bombing San
Francisco next week. Stay tuned to bookbombing.blogspot.com for news of next
steps. We'll have work on display in Davenport, Iowa this winter. You can
also find discussion of our harvest of invasive weeds from Philadelphia lots
for papermaking in the Summer 2010 issue of *Hand Papermaking Magazine*.

Also: Charlene Kwon and Mary Tasillo have been putting some elbow grease
into their space for a zine library in Philadelphia, and have received a few
generous donations of both individual zines and personal collections as of
late. The fabulous Scott Ziegler and Caroline Garcia Ziegler have begun the
arduous process of cataloguing our fledgling collection online. Look for
news within the coming few months of an open house event. Updates at
http://philadelphiaselfpublishing.blogspot.com/.

Many thanks, with hope that this finds you well.

Best,
Mary Tasillo and Michelle Wilson