[ihr_list] Re: Reason!

  • From: Omer Abid <omerabid70@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ihr_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2014 08:55:55 +0300

Zeshan,

I like the tract very much.  The brief size of it is very handy.  The
content is to the point, cogent, and beautiful.

I agree that using reason is related to our salvation but I think it would
be good whenever appropriate if we can go further back from reason and say
that ultimately being good is the key to our salvation.

What I mean is that using our reason should be the natural behavior of
someone who is good....someone who is good should want to use the tool of
reason to discover what is true to maximize what is good for him and others
in a just and generous way.

The upshot is that someone may want to employ reason for selfish or evil
intentions...and that if he or she does so, then it will not help them.

And if someone who is a good person did not employ reason for some issue
innocent of him or her like some neurological problem  then he or she would
not be held accountable but rather still saved and blessed for the goodness
in their hearts.

Of course I assume you and we all intuitively presuppose the above, but it
may be beneficial to point out in some of our writings to make that clear.

Omer