[PCB_FORUM] Re: break-in tab diagram

  • From: "Gary MacIndoe" <gemcad@xxxxx>
  • To: <icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2009 19:37:58 -0600

Thanks Jim, I'll check it out tomorrow.

Regards,
Gary
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: jwages<mailto:jwages@xxxxxxxxx>
  To: icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  Sent: Tuesday, August 18, 2009 2:56 PM
  Subject: [PCB_FORUM] Re: break-in tab diagram

  I have attached a clip file from a version 15.5.1 Allegro layout I typically
use.

  I Exported the following items; Symbols, Pins, Vias, Lines, & Shapes.

  Import this clip file into a blank Allegro database using Mils as the User
Units, with and Accuracy of 2.

  The area the clip needs to import to is about 3 X 3 inches.

  The small circles represent 10 mil non plated holes. You can measure and/or
dimension the other necessary data.

  I would typically replicate this break-away tab every 1 to 1-1/2 inches. It
is very sturdy and breaks cleanly.

  Let me know if you have any further questions.

  Jim S. Wages

  SR PCB Layout Designer

  H) 919-237-3915 C) 919-484-2963